First Day in the Mansion II

(Their Backyard with Basketball Court.)

Grace POV

     Bella was about to trip on the stairs, but luckily he caught her.

He was none other than Mason.

'How is he at home, at this time', this thought ran in my mind.

"Bella you shouldn't run, you could have hurt yourself," Mason said, in a strict voice.

Poor Bells was unable to speak, it was the first time, that Mason spoke to her directly, cause normally Edward or Emma would always answer for her. She said "Sorry", in a whispering voice.

Mason seemed satisfied with her reply and went upstairs.

Bella was hurt but still, she smiled thinking about how her brother cared for her.

The love and care she always created for...

I have never seen Bella so happy before. At least she was on good terms with Mason now.

We went inside the dining room. I served them food on their plates. Seeing the greens, both Bella and Edward started making weird faces. "I don't like greens, it's gross", both said simultaneously. Though it sounds weird, I need to get accustomed to their 'twin telepathy'.

"How about we make a deal? ," I asked knowing well that they will be interested.

"What is deeeel?", asked Bella who mispronounced the word. "Deal means an agreement between two people, with certain conditions, like if you agree to eat the greens I promise to tell you a story tonight," I explained them.

After hearing this, both teamed up, thinking about the pros, and cons properly. A few moments later, Edward said, " We agree to your Dee-al."

He came forward with Bella and shook my hand like a business handshake.
Both sat on the chairs and started eating the greens making weird faces as if they are eating BBQ Ice Cream...

(No offence, I actually can't believe people like such weird combinations)...

When Elijah entered the kitchen he paused, Sara who had just entered the kitchen with a  grocery bag also looked frozen, as if she saw a ghost. I was unable to decipher, their reaction.

"Hello....", I said, waving my hand in front of them. Both came back to their senses. "What the Fu*k", Elijah said loudly. "Language", I scolded him.

Hypocrite people, how could they cuss themselves but restrict me.

Whatever that is not the point now, back to the story.

"How are they eating the food," questioned Elijah.

"With their hands!, like we all do, duh," I said, looking at him as if he asked the stupidest question, which he actually did.

"No, I mean, how are they eating greens? I, Sara even Emma had forced them to eat, but they wouldn't budge," he explained.

"Ohh, that.., we made a deal," I told him.

"What deal?" Elijah asked curiously.

"It's a secret between us, right Eddy and Bells," I said. "Yes, we will not tell anybody", said Edward, and Bella nods her head in confirmation.

They came forward and asked me to show my pinky finger to them. I questionably looked at unable to understand the reason. Locking my pinky finger in both their pinky fingers, both Bella and Edward, said together, "Pinky Promise."

Awwww, so cute!

After finishing lunch, we went to the study room, I wanted them to be fluent in their mother tongue, so I decided to teach them Spanish.

Hola Bella Edward hoy vamos a.

(Hello, Bella and Edward, today we will learn Spanish.)

After finishing the lessons, we went outside to play on the basketball court. Even at such young age, Edward was a very good player. Looking at him, I thought 'Maybe I should ask Mason to send him to Sports and Bella to Dance class so that they can get the required training to become the best in their respective hobbies'.

Bella was soon tired from playing and decided to get some paper and crayons from her room to colour in the garden.
While playing, I noticed that Xavier was peeping through the window. I silently went inside from the back door and surprised him.

"How are you here, you were outside just a few seconds ago?" he asked.

"When I saw someone peeping and staring at us from inside, I couldn't help but come inside to investigate," I replied.

Xavier started blushing about getting caught. "Do you want to say something," I asked him seeing his hesitation. "Umm, can I play with you both?" he asked and looked away.

"Of course you can," I said without giving it a thought.

He was surprised and happy with my answer. "I thought you won't agree. Actually I am bored, and have nothing else to do". Saying this he walked with me to the back door.

Walking outside we were greeted by a doubtful Edward. "What are you doing here?", Edward asked Xavier.

"Actually, I am going to play with you", Xavier said.

"No", was Edward's immediate reply.

I was surprised, I knew they didn't along but not to the extent of not agreeing to play just one simple game was too much.

"What is the problem Edward?", I asked him.

"He is the problem, I don't want to play with him." I could see Xavier visibly sad with his reply. I knew, to change the equation of their bonding, I need to do something. Knowing Edward, I knew that he would never back down on a challenge, no matter what happens.

"Edward, Xavier said that he was a better player than you and me together," I said, trying to anger him.

Xavier looked at me with confused expressions, as he never said those things. "I think he is right, isn't he,?" I asked.

"No, HE IS NOT.." yelled Edward.
"We will defeat him together and prove that we are better than him," said Edward with a  bit of arrogance in his voice.

I knew that he has the egoistic personality of his mother, so I need to channel it properly for his own welfare.
Xavier understanding my plan nods his head in agreement.

The match started between us, with Me and Edward against Xavier. I knew I had to do something, to break this bad attitude, and make him humble. So I decided to play down, and let Xavier easily snatch all the balls without Edward knowing the truth. I wanted him to learn that his overconfidence will only lead him to failure.

______________________________________

Do you think that Edward will learn the lesson?

Should I have Edward's POV?

________________________________________

Hey Guys,

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter
Thank you for reading, please vote and comment below.

_________________________________________