Chapter 15

It's been 37 days since Tate and I lost spoke. And each day that I don't hear his voice makes me regret thinking that I could ever do this without him. Somewhere along the line he wound up being the most important thing in my life and I'm just not willing to lose him. Not after how far we've come. I need to get him back. It's not long after that I see a tall silhouette usher through the door frame. I take a deep breath.

"Hi Tate." He doesn't even bother to look my way. I feel my heart ache. "We need to talk..." I let my voice trail off. He continues to ignore me as if I don't even exist. "Please!" I beg. "Just look at me!" I grab him by the arm and force him to turn around.

"What do you want from me Devena?" His voice is cold and unforgiving. I've almost forgotten what his voice sounded like.

"I need to talk to you...you need to listen to me. I at least deserve that."

"No see you lost that right awhile ago. You don't deserve anything from me anymore. And I don't have to give you anything. " He tries to brush past me but I pull him back.

"Tate I love you. I'm sorry... I didn't realize at the time what I had said and how it would of affected you and-" but he cuts me off.

"Save it for someone who cares Devena. Cause I surely don't give a fuck. I'm tired of being in love with a ticking time bomb about to destroy everything in it's path. I'm not being your number one target. Not anymore." He starts to walk away, almost fully out of the door frame. Tears begin to fill my eyes, threatening to flow over.

"I thought you loved me!? You said you'd always fight for me! For us! Or did you just "forget" because it was easier than having to deal with a psychotic person like me!?" He turns back around and cups my cheek in his hand. The gesture catches me off guard but I don't pull away. I've missed his touch for far too long. Tears run down my face.

"Oh sweet Devena, I did love you. I would've died a thousand times over for you. Would've been bruised, bleed and beaten just to make sure you were safe. I've already shown you that. I would've given you the galaxies just to show you that you were still the most beautifulest thing I had ever seen..." He trails off rubbing his thumb over my damp cheek bone.

"Then what changed Tate..?" He takes a long pause. So long I almost thought he had forgotten the question. Then he gives me a smile, tears filling his eyes.

"You." And with that he turns around and walks away, leaving me more broken than I ever thought possible.