By the time I get into the kitchen it doesn't look like he needs my help. But, it doesn't look like he's got everything under control either. It looks like the triplets were able to put Anthony under their spell—the proof being the way that they're sitting on the kitchen counter, each with one of the fresh baked brownies I made earlier, squished in their little hands, with chocolate all over their faces.

"Anthony," I scold seriously. He knows they do not need to be eating brownies right before they go to bed. He must want them to be up all night, especially with Tamiyah's stubbornness.

Ant blatantly ignores me, playfully chewing on Ace's cheek instead as our baby giggles away.

I walk up to them with my hands on my hips. Both my hands. I thank God for the day my arm started moving again. Right before my babies were born, too. I don't know how I would have managed three babies with one arm. Of course I had Anthony, but for the times that he's working or whatever the case is, I was worried that I'd struggle to keep up with three babies at once. But one day, I woke up and my arm was moving perfectly normal. I was so happy.

"No no. No sweets right before bed," I say, looking at our kids who are currently too busy stuffing more brownies into their mouths. First, they all give me this blank stare. Then Kya starts to cry. Then Mya is next. Then Ace finally completes the crying trio, brownies slowly falling out of all of their hands. Oh God, now I'm the bad guy.

"Nah, daddy said you could have it," Anthony interjects, etching them on to eat the brownies by shoving their hands towards their mouths. They waste no time in chewing on the brownies again, while they're still crying.

I give Anthony a look. A look that says 'seriously?' "You're putting them to bed," I say. Now when they get a sugar rush I don't want to hear it.

"You got it all out on the counter. They seen it so how I'mma say no," He says, now caressing Kya's head.

"But how did they get up on the counter. They could only see it if someone picked them up, and placed them on the counter. They're like two feet tall."

Anthony shrugs, "Ion know," he mumbles, now pinching Tamiyah's nose. I wish that I could stand here and continue to pretend to be mad, but I'm not mad even a little bit. These days the only emotion I feel is grateful, so something as simple as my babies enjoying an uncommon late night treat could never throw me off track. A smile sneaks it's way onto my lips. I reach over for the tray of brownies that are almost gone. Tyler came over earlier and ate almost half the brownies. Leah and Aj took two each then disappeared off to their rooms like three hours ago, as usual. I had one earlier, the triplets each had one earlier, and Mr. 'I don't like sweets' refused to eat any.

"Mm," Ant raises his eyebrows when he sees that even I can't resist a brownie at this time of night. Oh well. Everyone is a hypocrite once in a while.

"Did you give Kya her meds yet?" I freeze and ask as I'm mid bite. Anthony shakes his head. It's no big deal, she just has to take it at night before she goes to bed.

As we stand in front of the triplets, patiently waiting for them to finish their brownies, Ant gently wraps an arm around my waist. I mindlessly lean into him, keeping my hand on the counter to spot the kids, just in case. I don't want them to hurt themselves. Whenever they do hurt themselves, I can barely breathe. It's weird, and it sounds exaggerated, but it's true. I can't breathe when my babies get hurt which  is why I'm keeping my left hand up on the counter.

"Eat some," I beg Ant, holding the brownie up to his lips. He turns his head away. Rude.

"I'm good baby," he says.