"I don't have the time to find out at this moment, I'll get back to you. Okay, go on. Once you finish this, I need you to do something else, so hurry up." She says, standing up and walking away with her security. I stand there for a minute, staring at the wall, tryna find my way back to myself. When I do, the grip around my gun softens. The timing saved her, and me. Shit could never go to plan.

I leave, get into one of the cars parked out in the back, and make my way to the address. I would think my mind would be racing right now after having to up and leave, taking my son with me, arguing with Cameron, letting my daughter down, the white bitch, everything on the news, the fact that I was bout to kill her—I would think I have shit to figure out. Apologies to plan on. But I zone out completely. My mind is blank, like I'm on autopilot. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes that's a bad thing.

_____________

Aj POV

I'm woken up by my daddy at 6:55 in the morning. I had five more minutes until my alarm rang. I think this nigga is obsessed with fucking shit up. First our visit back home, now my sleep.

I heard him coming in at like 5am this morning. I was mad confused when he told me to go inside. I seriously thought he was bout to go on the run again and leave me behind. I don't know if that was the original plan in the first place, or if he decided to stay because the police don't know yet that it's him who killed those people, or if that nigga is still cheating on papa and went to see whoever it is that quick, but whatever it is he needs to get his shit together. I'm not gon be the next one going around the whole world with him because he tryna run from some cops.

And he made papa mad too. I know he usually gives into my daddy's excuses, but nigga was really mad over the fact that he couldn't stay till morning. I just now found out that he found out who did that to Taleah and killed them. I don't know when nothing is happening in this family. So much so that I'm shocked I found out that papa's pregnant at the same time as Taleah. That's definitely something they woulda told her first.

When they asked me if I wanted another sibling, I said yes. I lied. I don't want no fucking sibling. I said yes as a part of Zyier's advice that I been living by, 'Fake it till you make it'. I know they weren't expecting a yes from me, so I decided to make them think I was happy about it so that they could be more convinced that I'm changing. My real opinion? Another kid is the last thing they fucking need. Look at what the fuck is going on, and they want to have another child on top of that? Niggas not even living in the same house. We got niggas trying to kill themselves. We got a high ass mentally ill dad and a fragile ass, mentally unstable other dad, and they think it's time for another child? So, all this gonna be figured out in 9 months? This the shit I'm talking about. How could you be that irresponsible. On top of that, papa just had a stroke not too long ago, and he high risk when being pregnant for obvious reasons. How is that smart? That nigga gonna die and that's the crazy part. Everybody happy about a child that's gon kill the man, but what can I do about that? He already said nothing is gonna make him give the child up, then so be it.

I don't know why I couldn't just be born to a normal family bro. Everything going on is stressful. Plus I'm dealing with my own shit. Fucking Zyier texting me corny ass subs about Raheem all day yesterday that's supposedly a 'joke', but it's not funny to me at all. For instance I'll ask him something and he'll say: "Go ask Mr.Virginia" or some corny shit like: "Idk I don't talk to niggas who tell they boyfriend another boy is cute."

I get it's supposed to be making a joke out the situation, and I guess I can't really blame Zyier for making the jokes, especially since we kinda back on the terms we were on before we started fighting, and he always makes jokes like that, so of course he's going to now. But on my end it's kind of annoying. I would never admit it out loud, but it's annoying because trying to distract myself from Raheem is a real internal battle I been having. I hate that I can't force myself to say some playful dismissive shit when Zyier makes those comments mentioning him. I just change the subject.