"Aight," he gets out of the car and stands around waiting for me to get out too. Don't tell me this nigga is coming inside too. If this whole thing couldn't get any worse, it just did. This is already embarrassing now I gotta have my father come inside with me too. I get out of the car and I follow him into the school building. We stop at the security desk.

"Yes?" The man behind the desk asks.

Daddy digs in his pockets and pulls out a wallet. Then, he pulls his ID out. "My son a new student."

"Oh okay. Down the hall to your right, room 107 is the main office. ID?"

Daddy shows him his ID and then he gives us the go to walk down to the office. As we're walking there, a small group of students pass by and a few of them look at me like they could just tell they never seen me before. I pull the strings to my hoodie tighter to conceal my face more because clearly what I did before wasn't enough.

"Good morning." The women behind the desk at the main office say collectively. The one that's sitting all the way in the front smiles. "We got the first person of the day at what, 8am? Oh wait it's 8:15. Damn, it's usually earlier than that right Deb?"

"Right, let's keep it like that."

"Mm-hmm," she laughs "How can I help you?"

"He need his schedule, he's a new student." Daddy says.

"Oh okay, who's he? Can I get a name?" She laughs.

"Aj—Anthony Jackson jr."

"Aj Anthony? Oh no wait—just Anthony. I see it right here, mm hmm okay, he's a sophomore?? Is that correct?" She frowns

"Yeah." Daddy answers.

"Wow. I would have thought he was a senior," her and the other women laugh. Leave me alone. How she know I wasn't left back or something. "Okay, we got his schedule right here. His first class started at 8, but he could make it in time to introduce himself to the teacher. So you start at 8, dismissal is at 3. You riding the school bus?"

"Nah," daddy answers for me.

"Alright. And can I see some ID? Who are you, brother?" She asks him. So I guess everybody just gonna think we brothers. This the second time someone has said that. They dragging it because I do not look that old and this nigga do not look that young.

He hands her the ID, "I'm his father."

And here goes the dramatic ass reaction from all them women. "Father?! No you not. Stop playin! How old are you?" She looks at his ID.

"Only thirty six. But I really thought you were like 25. See that's why I kept my mouth shut, thought he was my sons age...." She mumbles the last part making the women in the back laugh out loud and agree to whatever she's implying.

"Right! Cus babyy, I thought it was just me."

"Aight now," the woman in the front—Janet her name tag says—interjects and hands daddy his ID back, "so here's the emergency contact card. You need to fill that out now. Can you maybe put the wife's number on there?" She adds slyly, turning around and looking at the women again. Bitch do your job, the fuck. How you tryna flirt with people's parents right in front of them? Daddy takes the card and quickly fills it out, putting Uncle Tyler, Auntie Zaza, and papa's number down with their names. She gives him some other stuff to sign and things to bring back for tomorrow as well.