Chapter 10 I'll Understand

Olivia POV  

I could tell Jake was staring at me, I could feel his stare searching my face, and I couldn't blame him because here I was letting myself cry over this movie.

Out of all movies, why did I pick this one? Why was it this one that I chose, knowing that it would be something that I would be able to relate to?

Maybe it's because the t.v was on the channel already and it is a movie that I have wanted to see for a very long time now but never got the chance.

Then again, it's a movie that I should have watched alone, instead of with someone I just met. If I had watched this movie alone, I would have been able to let my eyes show the emotions they wanted to from the very beginning.

This movie had some bits where I could relate to, but even though it had some bits where I felt like I could relate to the main character, there were many things in the movie that I couldn't tell to as well.

 I could still feel Jake stare at me, and I wondered what he was thinking right now. Was he thinking that this movie was getting to me? Or was he thinking something else?

A knock came from the front door, and before I even got up to move, Jake spoke.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll go get it." He said, getting up from the couch.

"Okay, thank you," I said softly to him, my stare following him as he reached the door.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and quickly wiped my tears away.

Pull yourself together, Olivia, no more crying. I know this movie is a sad movie that stirs something but no more crying.

I waited for Jake to come back, but he was having a polite conversation with the delivery driver, from what I could hear. It sounded like they knew each other. Jake did say that this is a restaurant that he regularly offers from the restaurant.

I heard the door shut, and Jake was making his way back into the living room with the food.

"Now, prepare to be mind-blown; their food is that good," Jake said, chuckling as he placed the food on the coffee table in front of us.

"Is that so?" I asked him, smiling.

He nodded his head quickly, which caused me to let out a small laugh.

"Yes, don't be surprised if you start becoming a regular as well. Trust me. Here have a taste of your food." He said, passing my food to me.

I opened the container, and the scent of the food had my mouth watering.

I used the utensils that came with the food and took a bite; my eyes fluttered closed as I let out a blissful moan of pleasure.

This food right here is fucking good.

I continued to chew on the food, enjoying the taste, and my eyes fluttered open to find Jake staring at me.

His face was a hint of pink.

He cleared his throat and spoke.