Amidst my tears, my phone buzzed, indicating a new message. I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I could handle any more negativity. But curiosity got the better of me, and I unlocked the device, revealing a string of hurtful messages from the kids at school. Each word pierced my heart, tearing away at my already fragile self-esteem.

"Look at the fat ugly rat, haha."

"Yeah, she's so ugly and dumb!"

Tears streamed down my face uncontrollably as I read the cruel words. It wasn't the first time I had been targeted, but this time it cut deeper. It felt like a never-ending battle, one I couldn't escape no matter where I turned.

Lost in my anguish, I didn't hear the sound of footsteps approaching my room. Suddenly, the door burst open, and both Steve and Bucky stood before me, their eyes filled with concern and worry. I hastily wiped away my tears, trying to hide the pain that had consumed me just moments ago.

They exchanged a glance, silently acknowledging the hurt they had discovered on my phone. Steve stepped forward, his voice filled with a mix of sympathy and determination. "We're here for you, sweetheart," he said softly. "You don't have to face this alone."

Bucky's expression softened, his voice gentle as he added, "We love you, and we'll always be here to support you, no matter what." The sincerity in their words touched me deeply, and I felt a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness.

Overwhelmed by their love and understanding, I nodded, unable to find the right words to express my gratitude. Steve reached out, pulling me into an embrace, while Bucky's warm hand gently rubbed my back. In that moment, I realized I wasn't alone in this battle. I had my dads by my side, ready to fight alongside me.

As we stood there, embracing in the midst of my brokenness, Bucky whispered, "Stop biting the inside of your mouth, doll. It won't solve anything." I managed a weak smile, a silent acknowledgment that I would do my best to break free from my self-destructive habits.

Leaving the hurtful messages behind, I locked my phone and turned my attention to my dads, who were preparing food in the kitchen. The aroma filled the air, providing a sense of comfort. However, as I tried to suppress the emotions that still lingered within me, tears welled up once again, threatening to consume me.

Unable to hold them back any longer, I hastily retreated to the safety of my room, seeking solace behind a locked door. I collapsed onto the bed, tears streaming down my face, my heart heavy with the weight of my struggles.

Just a minute later, a gentle knock interrupted my solitude and Bucky's voice seeped through the door. "Dolly, what's wrong? Is everything alright?" I remained silent, my tears flowing freely as I tried to compose myself.

Another minute passed, and without warning, Bucky's concern turned into urgency. With a resolute kick, he broke down the door, causing me to flinch back in surprise. There he stood, his eyes filled with worry, searching for answers.

"What are you doing here?" I forced a fake laugh, trying to divert his attention. "Mia was just calling me." I hoped my feeble excuse would be enough to convince him that everything was fine.

But Bucky wasn't fooled. He stepped forward, his gaze piercing through my façade. "Dolly, I know something's not right. Talk to us. We're your dads, and we want to help."

I hesitated, the lump in my throat making it difficult to find the right words. Eventually, I relented, my voice barely above a whisper. "I... I can't handle it anymore. The kids at school... they bully me. They formed a group against me, and it hurts."

Bucky's expression softened, his eyes brimming with empathy. He approached me slowly, extending a hand to wipe away my tears. "You don't have to face this alone, sweetheart. We're here for you, always."

Touched by his words, I nodded, feeling a glimmer of hope begin to rekindle within me. With their unwavering support, maybe I could find the strength to overcome the torment I endured.

Leaving my room, Bucky led me back to the comforting presence of Steve, who had been anxiously awaiting our return in the kitchen. They enveloped me in a warm embrace, their love and protection surrounding me like a shield.

As I sat on the couch, my phone lay forgotten, its hurtful messages fading into the background. Instead, I focused on the genuine connection between my dads and me, cherishing the love they showered upon me even in my darkest moments.

The aroma of the food filled the air once again, and this time, the tears that threatened to consume me earlier were replaced by a glimmer of hope. I realized that no matter how difficult things seemed, I had a family who would always be there to lift me up.

I locked eyes with Steve and Bucky, their unwavering support urging me to let go of my pain and embrace the love surrounding me. With a newfound determination, I made a silent vow to myself—to face the challenges ahead with strength, to stand tall against the bullies, and to never lose sight of the love that embraced me in this safe haven I called home.

And as I leaned into their embrace, I finally allowed myself to believe that, together, we could conquer anything that stood in our way.