87

The Su family soon received the news about Zhang Su's marriage. It was Zhang Su's father who came to tell them in person. At that time, in the face of all Su family members and Xu Qian, he was very happily clapped on Su Lingchuan's shoulder as he said, "Old partner, I will have a grandson soon."

In the next few days, Su Qingbai went to see Xu Qian. As a result, Xu Qian looked calm while wholeheartedly coaxing Su Qin, completely lacking the bold enthusiasm to chase Zhang Su as he did previously in the border town.

"I didn't expect that Qinqin would be so close to Xu Qian. Xu Qian's treatment of Qinqin is no worse than that of real father and daughter." Su Qingbai went to the stone table and sat down as he said to Su Lingchuan on the side, after watching Su Qin giggle in Xu Qian's arms.

Xu Qian stayed for Zhang Su. Now that Zhang Su got married, Xu Qian would definitely not continue to live here.

"Yes." Su Lingchuan put down his book and sighed, "We always bother Xu Qian. Our family is very sorry for inconveniencing him."

Su Lingchuan was also very upset. Xu Qian helped them to coax their child all day long and also paid for his own daily expenses. He even spent a lot of money on Su Qin, aside from food and accommodation. But how much would one spend on food and accommodation in this small farm?

Although Su Qingbai was regretful about the matter of Zhang Su and Xu Qian, it's their business, after all. So he couldn't interfere.

In the blink of an eye, spring returned to the good earth and Su Qingbai had started his own business.

Su Qingbai had saved some money before, and plus the money Zhou Chang paid him back; he had about 1500 taels. Su Qingbai used this money to open a tavern in the capital city. Because the price of land in the capital city was expensive, he couldn't afford to buy it, and he was also distressed to rent it. In addition, he wanted to stay away from his former life circle and conveniently able to visit his parents outside the capital city. Hence, he rented a shop at the gate of the city.

The capital was the most prosperous city. Every day, many people from all over the country rushed to the capital city. So Su Qingbai's business was not bad even though it's just opened.

Su Qingbai hired a shopkeeper to take care of the business. Because Jiang Mao was a little busy, he took the two children to his side, sometimes looking at them in the shop, sometimes taking them to live in the Su family's farmstead.

On Jiang Mao's side, it was still tense.

Perhaps spring was warm, the old emperor's withered and rotten body was slowly getting better.

Jiang Mao was a little worried about this. The old Emperor didn't like him, and he couldn't leave――The matter of setting Caicai as heir was supposed to be handled by the fifth prince. As a result, he didn't know what the fifth prince was thinking, whenever they spoke of this, the fifth prince always said that the Imperial Father was awake, and such matters should be decided by the Imperial Father himself.

With no other choice, Jiang Mao could only start to plan his own way out.

In fact, when the old emperor woke up, the fifth prince was more anxious than Jiang Mao. As early as when the old emperor was still in good health, the emperor said frankly that the fifth prince had neither the ability to govern the country nor the ability to accommodate others, and could not bear the responsibility of being an emperor.

The third prince chosen by the old emperor was mediocre in talent, but he had tolerance. He even dared to use such people as Jiang Mao and Du Cheng.

"Fourth Elder Brother." Jiang Jun stormed into Jiang Mao's study without knocking at the door.

"What are you doing in such a hurry?" Jiang Mao put down his brush and frowned at him.