51

To return Su Family's freedom, the case must be reversed. At that time, Du Cheng framed Su Lingchuan on the grounds of corruption and bribery. During that time, the evidence was not enough. Du Cheng yet added a letter of private deal between Su Lingchuan and the prime minister of neighboring country, which set the conviction. According to the law, the crime was quite serious. If Su Family was convicted with such crime, Su Family would not be exiled like this.

Why did the Emperor sentence Su Family to light punishment?

Because the Emperor also knew that Su Lingchuan was framed. The Emperor was afraid of Du Cheng's influence. Du Cheng was determined to pull down Su Lingchuan, and the Emperor had no evidence, so he did not overturn the case at that time.

In the meantime, Jiang Mao began to prepare for Su Qingbai's departure as he pondered the need to reverse Su Family's case.

"Why are you packing up anxiously? This case can't be turned over in a short time, even if you packing up, I can't go anyway." Su Qingbai said as he hugged Su Caicai, who played all morning and had just returned to eat.

"Can't go?" Jiang Mao snorted softly, "Don't I even have the right to bring a couple of people to leave with me?"

It was easy to do. The Emperor was far away. As long as the county magistrate in here was obedient and didn't talk drivel, everything would be fine.

And what if they were found out? Who would even get Su Qingbai, this nobody to make things difficult for him?

"Don't worry about that. Now it's only to tell your family. When shall we talk to them?" Jiang Mao took Su Caicai after meal and tried to wipe his mouth, but when he lowered his head, his eyebrows suddenly wrinkled. "Isn't this dress just changed? Why is it dirty again?"

With that, Jiang Mao was going to take him to change. Su Qingbai was lazy to care, he said "Leave him be! All children are like this. Wait until he comes back in the evening, and then give him a good bath and change of clothes."

Yet Jiang Mao felt that this son was too dirty to be seen. He carried Su Caicai in his arms to change clothes and even gave him a bath.

Today, Su Caicai, who had been forced to take bath three times, cried. He really didn't want to take a bath.

Su Qingbai looked at his son's grievance appearance, he felt distressed and he hugged him. "There is no other way. You always roll in the mud when you go out to play. Once you came back, you even liked to go to him all the time, who's to blame?"

Su Caicai liked to be coaxed. The barely teardrops had returned fiercely. Su Qingbai hugged him and coxed for a while, and his attention was attracted by something else. Then after playing for a while, he got sleepy. Su Qingbai picked up Su Caicai and put him on the bed. He also lay down with him.

Since knowing that he had a little child in his stomach, Jiang Mao was not at ease and had been keeping close watch on him these days. Su Qingbai was really idle and bored. After a nap, Su Qingbai was all refreshed. He took a bucket and went to the river near the village. He was going to fish.

"Dad~" Just as Su Qingbai took the bucket and fishing rod, he heard a slightly drowsy voice calling him. He turned around and Su Caicai struggled to get up from a large bunch of quilts.

He looked at Jiang Mao helplessly, so he had to lay down his things and serve his little ancestor.

"Jiang Mao, get him a pair of pants." Su Qingbai smoothly dug the child out, took off his dripping wet pants, replaced the wet quilts and stuffed him in the newly change quilts again.

Jiang Mao heard what was said, put down the thing in his hands, and walked out of the house.

Jiang Mao didn't raise children as rough as Su Qingbai. He couldn't bear to see Su Caicai rolling in the mud. He washed him and changed him clothes several times a day.

So right now, Su Caicai's little clothes and pants couldn't be aired in the room. Without any other way, Jiang Mao tied a straw rope between the willows not far from the house, hanging Su Caicai's clothes, pants, and even a wet quilt and bedsheet every day.

Jiang Mao looked up; red, green, black, white, blue... Su Family made a lot of clothes for that little child, and he bought a lot of them. Hu Hong and Liu Yuqing often brought several clothes with them. Su Caicai's clothes were almost complete in all colors.

Jiang Mao brought his clothes. At this time, Su Caicai already fully woke up. Wrapped in the quilt, he stretched out a short, fat leg. Su Qingbai caught the small fat foot in his hand and scratched his foot. The small foot was tiny and white. Su Qingbai leaned close and smelled it; it did not stink at all.

After dressing him, the family of three went fishing.

It was a short walk, so they did not walk with him in their arms. Su Caicai followed with a sway like a penguin.

In this small mountain village, swimming fish could be seen everywhere in the river in spring.

They took a fishing net and a fishing rod. Because Su Qingbai was inconvenient, Jiang Mao asked him to sit there and fish. He took Su Caicai with the fishing net.

Although the water was shallow, Jiang Mao did not let Su Caicai get close to the water. He put him on the shore.

As soon as Jiang Mao threw the net, the net caught a lot of fishes.

Not far away, empty-handed Su Qingbai was furious. Jiang Mao was close to him, throwing his net and splashed numerous water sprays. At the side, Su Caicai even laughed happily and clapping his hands, scaring away the fish on his side.

"You go a little farther. The fish on my side are scared away by you."

The scene of a family of three was so lively that passers-by couldn't help stopping.

"Qingbai?"

Hearing someone calling him, Su Qingbai stood up. Not far away, Zhang Su and Xu Qian were coming towards him.

"Why did you suddenly come?" Su Qingbai ushered in.

Seeing who the visitors were, Jiang Mao was relieved to let Su Qingbai go. He still accompanied Su Caicai fishing there.

Zhang Su rubbed the bruised corner of his mouth. "I want to ask you why Sun Zhe, that grandson[1] is at your home. Just now I saw him, and I was shocked. I couldn't resist having a fight with him."

[the Sun in Sun Zhe is the same as Sun in sun zi = grandson]

"Is your bruise all right?" Su Qingbai asked.

Zhang Su pinched Xu Qian's hand that wanted to touch his wound and said, "It's all right."

Su Qingbai calmed down and asked them, "Why did you suddenly come here?"

"We came to see Uncle. As soon as we didn't see him at your house, we thought to come to the school to look for him." This was said by Xu Qian.

"My Dad should be in school now." Su Qingbai looked at them. "But the school is not over yet. You have to wait."

Zhang Xu nodded. "Then we'll wait."

Su Qingbai nodded. After a thought, while hesitating, he still took them to Jiang Mao's house. "I'll pour you a cup of tea, you can wait here."

"Qingbai, whose house is this? It's not good for us to go in like this."

"You can rest assured, it's all right." Su Qingbai didn't explain much and was embarrassed.

After entering the house and taking tea from Su Qingbai, Zhang Su and Xu Qian looked at the house. "Qingbai, whose home is this?" From the outside, one could tell that the owner of the house was a fastidious person.

"My home." Su Qingbai bowed his head and took a sip of tea.

"Your home?" Zhang Su laughed, he did not believe it.

Su Qingbai wiped his lips, somewhat difficult to say, but still said, saying very quietly, "My... man's home."