55

Madam Su looked a glance at Jiang Mao and hastily pulled Su Qingbai over. "Come here, Niang has something to say to you."

Su Qingbai nodded to Madam Su. Then turned his head and pulled Jiang Mao's hand, motioned him to wait. They were unexpectedly seen by Madam Su. Madam Su's face was black. She just wanted to say a few words with him. It was only a moment but they were inseparable, being sticky and gooey. Being sticky like that, if he was not pregnant it would be weird.

"Niang――" Su Qingbai was a little embarrassed at the moment. He didn't expect to be seen by his mother when he was intimate with Jiang Mao.

For seventeen years Su Qingbai had been living, Madam Su took care of his clothes, food, and shelter. What disgrace had Madam Su not see?

Madam Su reminisced about his habits. She was embarrassed to say more about the affair of her son with his spouse. But for the sake of her son, Madam Su still said a few words in embarrassment, "It is broad daylight and you're even carrying, how can you dare to act willfully and make a scene outside?"

"Niang, today is unexpected." Su Qingbai quickly shifted the topic, "Yes, Niang, why are you looking for me?"

Only then did Madam Su remember the purpose. She pulled Su Qingbai to talk about a lot of pregnancy precautions.

Although it was not Su Qingbai's first time, he did not practice many precautions during that first time. Madam Su knew here he was lazy and negligent, and his head didn't like to remember things, so she repeatedly told him. "Niang, let's go in and sit down and then talk slowly." Most of the day, Su Qingbai's legs were numb, so he pulled Madam Su into the house.

Madam Su also considered him to be pregnant and nodded to follow him in.

The mother and son sat down. Su Qingbai poured a cup of tea to Madam Su. "By the way, Niang, how's my Dad these days?"

Madam Su lifted her cup and sipped it lightly before she glared at him and said, "Not good. Your Dad is very angry with you."

In fact, after accepting Jiang Mao's relationship with her son, Madam Su didn't care much about that. She thought very simply, just watched if the man was good for her son or not.

Su Qingbai stroked his head. "I didn't mean it either." He explained to Madam Su, "Dad originally disliked him. If he had confessed early, Dad would not have agreed."

Madam Su did not comment on this. She took up her cup and took another sip, and then pulled up Su Qingbai to talk about pregnancy concerns. As for the official matters, she did not understand much and did not intend to say much.

After sending Madam Su away, Su Qingbai went outside, "Jiang Mao." Su Qingbai waved to him.

"Coming." Jiang Mao walked over and habitually touched Su Qingbai's belly. "Let me see the child."

Su Qingbai swatted his hand. "We're still outside the house. Be attentive a bit would you? Don't do anything like that. My mother just told me about it. So shameful." Speaking of it, it was the first time that his mother met him by accident.

Jiang Mao didn't know what good to say to him. A moment ago, he was just going to dabble and stop, but who knew that Su Qingbai welcomed him? How would he let him go? Just as he was venting his feeling, Madam Su bumped into them.

Su Qingbai seemed to have thought of this too and felt a little guilty. He said a few words and then silenced.

Jiang Mao grinned and grabbed his hand and said something else to him. "I want to see your Dad as soon as possible and talk to him."

Hearing that, Su Qingbai felt somewhat listless. They would have two babies. For the sake of the two babies, they couldn't live in this town. Sooner or later they would have to go back. The two of them consulted, they had better start as soon as possible.

"Better let me go, I'll look for an opportunity to talk to my Dad." Even if his Laozi was still angry with him, he must find an opportunity to talk to his Laozi. Originally, Jiang Mao was not ambitious. For the sake of such a family planning to give up this comfortable life, he had no reason not to work hard.

Jiang Mao did not answer but squeezed his hand.

This very little action yet it made Su Qingbai a lot more settled. Yeah, no matter where he went, he was not alone.

"By the way, where's your son?" Su Qingbai, an irresponsible Dad, only remembered his son after a long time.

"I've people to watch him at the sideline. Let's go and pick him up."

In fact, Su Caicai didn't go too far, because his toys were a little hard to handle, he and his little buddies were playing not far away.

"Caicai――" From afar, Su Qingbai saw his son bending over with his butt sticking out, and his small hands were pinching or playing with something on the ground.

When Su Caicai heard, he straightened up his waist with difficulty and looked over. His small voice was soft as the sound of the wind, but his voice was not small. The voice of "Dad~Dad~" trembled, he seemed to be tired after playing.

When the dirty boy Su Caicai rushed towards him, Su Qingbai flew to the side. Su Caicai didn't care much, as he was used to his Dad's avoidance. His little heart had already become very strong.

If his Dad would not carry him, he absolutely must pull his hand to go home.

Jiang Mao avoided him too. He took the boy to the edge of the small pool, pulled up the water, and washed his hands. "Hmm, all right, let's go."

A family of three was about to walk back hand in hand when a child's voice came, "Caicai, wait a minute."

Su Qingbai turned around and saw a little mud monkey dirtier than Su Caicai running up. It was the first time Su Qingbai saw a person came looking for Su Caicai, so he asked with a smile, "Little child, are you our Caicai's friend?"

The little mud monkey nodded restrainedly and then handed over the bamboo tube with mud in it. "Caicai, give it to you."

Su Caicai took it, whatever it was, and stuffed it directly into the pocket in front of his stomach. Then he took his Laozi's hand and went back.

Returned home, they gave Su Caicai a bath first and changed his clothes as usual.

Touching the bamboo tube, Su Qingbai smiled at Jiang Mao and said, "This is the first time Caicai has received a gift from a friend. It's worth commemorating." After saying that, he even washed it.

At the side, the sparkling clean Su Caicai sitting on the bed wearing a small dùdōu1, reached out and said, "Dad, want, want."

Su Qingbai was a loving father most of the time. He smiled and handed the bamboo tube over.

After cleaning up, Jiang Mao cooked, and Su Qingbai played with Su Caicai in the room. It was said to play with Su Caicai but in fact, the father and son each played by themselves. Su Qingbai took out a knife to carve something, which he had suddenly become interested in recently.

Meanwhile, Su Caicai held the bamboo tube beside him with teeth and hands were simultaneously biting and pulling, to open the bamboo tube.

Su Caicai couldn't open it for a long time. Su Qingbai saw but did not care and was still playing by himself at the side.

After a while, Su Caicai finally found a small piece of hemp rope tied to the bamboo tube. He stretched out his little finger and gently pulled it up. The lid of the bamboo tube was pulled up by him.

"Dad, give."

Hearing that, Su Qingbai looked up and saw Su Caicai reached into the bamboo tube with two short fingers and squeezed out a frog.

In the kitchen, Jiang Mao was cooking and heard Su Caicai cried loudly.

It was wedged with Su Qingbai's furious roar, "Brat, you threw everything on the bed."

After listening to the two people's noises, Jiang Mao, the unprincipled Dad, laughed and worked more vigorously.

Footnotes
undergarment covering the chest and abdomen