40

Jiang Mao looked at him in the dark. "Who says I dislike him?" After a pause, he went on to say, "Since I choose to be with you, it is necessary to accept your son. In the beginning, it was too sudden." He pressed Su Qingbai again, "He's my stepson and I would always meet him."

Jiang Mao suppressed all kinds of conjectures in his mind. He did not ask the answer directly, and even if he did, Su Qingbai would not necessarily say so.

Stepson. When Su Qingbai heard this, he could not tell what it felt like.

"When I first came out, he was asleep." Su Qingbai said helplessly, "That kid is in a bad temper. If you wake him up at this moment, you won't have a good rest all night."

When his voice fell, a burst of child's wuwu cries came. The house was a farmstead; it was a little smaller than those high courtyards, so they heard it very clearly. The child inside was crying, "Uwah wah...Dad~wah..."

Su Qingbai touched his nose embarrassingly and said, "He really fell asleep just now. Don't know what was going on. Why did he wake up suddenly?"

As he spoke, the wail inside became louder, and "Dad" was still called out strongly.

Not to mention Su Qingbai, even Jiang Mao couldn't bear the thought of the soft little thing he held this afternoon. He waved his hand and said, "Go and see him now."

Su Qingbai gave him a worried look. "Wait for me, I'll be back soon."

"Qingbai, why are you back?" Madam Su was hugging Su Caicai.

Su Lingchuan was also there. When Su Qingbai came back, after he asked a few questions, he put his heart down and went back to bed. He was busy with the school in the village and was tired for a day.

Su Qingbai quickly took Su Caicai and said, "I haven't gone far yet and heard Caicai cry, so I came back to take a look."

Madam Su handed Su Caicai to him. "He cried as soon as he woke up and found you weren't there."

Su Qingbai listened, wiping his son's tears with his hands and said in annoyance, "Su Caicai, you almost waking up your neighbors."

Su Caicai was wearing thin underclothing, so Su Qingbai quickly pulled a quilt and wrapped him up.

Su Caicai let go of his paws on Su Qingbai's chest and just laid them on Su Qingbai's collar. Once he saw Dad, he stopped crying. Now he just couldn't control hiccuping in Su Qingbai's arms.

In the evening, he was alright to have fallen asleep. But if he woke up without Su Qingbai, he would cry.

"Niang, you have a good rest, I take Caicai away."

Madam Su said, "But you said you want to go out with friends?"

"It's all right." Su Qingbai tightened the quilt in his arms. "I'll take him with me."

After that, he took Su Caicai out.

Back in his own room, Su Caicai grabbed Su Qingbai's neck in vain, rubbing under his Dad's neck like a puppy.

"Let's go to bed and Dad will sleep with you." Su Qingbai put Su Caicai in bed, intending to put him to sleep and then carry him back to Madam Su.

"Wuu..." As soon as he put Su Caicai down, Su Caicai's shriveled his mouth and was about to cry.

Su Qingbai had to pick him up again.

In the end, Su Qingbai simply took Su Caicai out of the house to meet Jiang Mao.

It's colder outside. Jiang Mao was still waiting outside.

In the dark, Jiang Mao watched Su Qingbai holding a black ball in his arms without blinking.