50

Sun Zhe had stayed in this small mountain village for several days, but Su Lingchuan had never seen them much.

Sun Zhe knew his intentions, but he hadn't made up his mind to say anything. In these days, he had observed the situation of the Su Family secretly.

Su Family was really poor. Thinking of this, Sun Zhe felt some dislike; they could be described as poverty-stricken. At home, Su Lingchuan had a bad relationship with his two sons and split up. In order to make a living, he had to go to school to teach at an old age.

Supposedly, as Su Lingchuan was getting old he would not be taken care of if he followed to live with Su Qingbai. Sun Zhe did not believe Su Lingchuan never thought of this.

Thinking of this, Sun Zhe felt confident that he could convince Su Lingchuan.

"Dage, here comes the meal."

This was Su Ersao's voice. The younger sister said that she invited the chef to cook a meal for him today. These days, he had eaten enough wild vegetables and coarse grains.

He walked over and saw a man give his younger sister a big mealbox then turn around and leave.

Looking at the man's back, Sun Zhe was stunned. He thought the man was familiar with.

"Dage?" Seeing him stunned, Su Ersao called out to him.

"Sister, who was that man just now?" Looking back, Sun Zhe asked.

"He ah," Su Ersao had never seen the man before. Afraid that she was wrong, she did not discuss thoroughly. "He's not the man that Little Uncle found. He's probably the people from that side."

Sun Zhe nodded and did not ask any more questions.

"I heard he's from the capital." Su Ersao followed him into the room and suddenly added another sentence.

"Capital City?" Sun Zhe stopped and thought of the man's face. Thunk! He slammed on the table. "I remember."

When Yue Wang first came, he had once officially paid a visit to him, but he had not seen him for the first time. If he remembered correctly, that man should be Yue Wang's personal imperial bodyguard.

One had to know, Yue Wang's imperial bodyguard naturally had to follow Yue Wang at any time.

"Quickly, get ready for ink, paper, and inkstone. I want to write a letter." He had heard that Yue Wang was also on the Third Prince's side. A few days ago, Yue Wang left just after the end of the year. Although he was a small official, he also heard some news. He heard that Third Prince and several other princes were looking for Yue Wang.

Sun Zhe's mood was surging. He seemed to have seen that he had made great contributions and that he would have been added to the rank after returning to the capital.

Sending the letter away, Sun Zhe put his heart at rest, and he could not help be complacent.

"Dad, I may have done a great job this time."

Su Ersao put the dishes on the table and Sun Zhe took a bite. He couldn't help frowning. Were these what younger sister said came from the chef's hand?

The dishes were quite ordinary. He tasted them, which was clearly the taste of the dish he had eaten in the county.

But now he was in a good mood, so he didn't care.

While eating, Sun Zhe couldn't help remembering that younger sister said that this man was from Su Qingbai's man side, and that man was also related to Yue Wang's imperial bodyguard, what would their relationship be?

At the border town in the mountain village, inside the main village cottage.

Jiang Mao took Su Qingbai's hand and pulled him over. "Be good, let Yuqing gives you a pulse reading. It won't take long."

Su Qingbai was a little terrified. At first, he agreed but once he saw other people coming, he couldn't help wondering what to do if he really had one?

Just when Jiang Mao decided to use force, Hu Hong came back.

"Bodyguard Hu." Su Qingbai seemed to see the savior. He gathered up and said, "I forgot to ask you, how much did this meal cost?"

Hu Hong came almost every day. Yesterday Jiang Mao asked Liu Yuqing to come the next day and Su Qingbai asked him to buy a meal in the county by the way.

As far as he knew, the food in the county was very cheap.

"Not much, Su Gongzi doesn't have to pay."

"I'll pay." Su Qingbai took out the silver taels and said, "This is from someone else. You just take it."

Looking at Jiang Mao, Hu Hong hesitated and said, "One tael and five coins."

Su Qingbai gave him two taels, "On behalf of that family's host, I gave you this money for running errands."

As for the rest of the money, Su Qingbai wanted to swindle it, but when he thought ErGe was busy all day, he decided to give it back to Erge.

When it was over, Su Qingbai looked up and saw Jiang Mao still staring at him. He said in resigned, "Go and ask Bodyguard Liu to help me read my pulse."

Taking a deep breath, Su Qingbai's heart pounded.

When Liu Yuqing looked at them incredibly, Su Qingbai knew they were probably right.

Jiang Mao took him into his arms and kissed him on the forehead. "Great, baby..."

Remembering that Caicai was born only after he was half dead, Su Qingbai couldn't help shriveled his lips; it was not good at all.

Hu Hong and Liu Yuqing hadn't digested the news yet. They already knew about Little Shizi but they couldn't guess who was Little Shizi's mother. One had to know, their master liked a man, so how did the master have children with a woman?

They absolutely never thought that Little Shizi's mother was actually a man.

At this moment, Hu Hong and Liu Yuqing really regarded Su Qingbai as the 'master's wife'.

"Let me take you out of here." Jiang Mao couldn't help worrying after he was happy. "The east side of the town intersects with the tiger-like neighboring countries. The mountain road is difficult to walk. Doctors and medicines here are inferior to other places."

Su Qingbai looked at him and suddenly thought of something like that. Then he shook his head. "No, our family is still guilty. The emperor ordered us to report to the county government every month. We could not leave here easily."

For a moment, the people were silent; the comfortable life of the mountain village made them forget that.

After Liu Yuqing and Hu Hong left, Jiang Mao's face was still calm. If the town was not adjacent to the neighboring countries, it would be necessary to stay in this small mountain village. He feared that the two countries would fight at any time, and the first victims would be the people at the border between the two countries.

Jiang Mao took a deep breath and sighed. It seemed that he would eventually have to get mixed up in the trifles of the capital.

...

One month later, in the capital city, the Imperial Palace. The third Prince received a letter from Sun Zhe. He couldn't help frowning. He said to the man standing beside him, "You know what? Everyone else thought that the Fourth Brother was on this prince's side." He slapped the letter on the table and thought of Lin Feng. He sneered, "This prince has doubts about the good Fourth Brother, fearing that he is not one heart with this prince."

Seeing below, the people's low heads kept lowering, and no one mention a solution. Third Prince was not angry, and let them withdraw.

Alone, sitting in the palace room, Third Prince touched his chin. The good thing was, he didn't have to worry about Jiang Mao becoming his opponent. In Cangzhou, how many people could there be in the palm of his hand? How many troops were there? How many ministers could Jiang Mao recognize in the capital?