35

"How is it?" Jiang Mao frowned at Liu Yuqing coming in from outside.

Liu Yuqing knew who he was asking about. He cupped his hands respectfully, "Su Gongzi bought a bowl of porridge on the street, fed Little Young Master, and then they left."

Jiang Mao was relieved to hear that. He waved at Liu Yuqing and asked him to withdraw. After Liu Yuqing left, he sat there alone and did not speak anymore.

Jiang Mao had a headache as he pinched his forehead. Through the period of time they spent together, he could see that the child had no mother and had only Su Qingbai as the father. So if Jiang Mao wanted to be with Su Qingbai, he had to accept him.

Jiang Mao felt in his heart. He could not let Su Qingbai go. He had been here for several years, but he had no sense of belonging in this strange world. What he had done here was like a game. Like the protagonists in many novels, after traversing, his golden finger opened wide and he made money and became the winner of life. The only difference was that he didn't have a harem because he liked men.

That night with Su Qingbai was an accident. After the event, they met again and fell in love unexpectedly until now. He really didn't want to lose Su Qingbai, the only person who stirred his heart in this strange world.

...

In the study, Liu Yuqing just sat down and received a letter from his subordinate.

"Urgent mail from the capital city."

Liu Yuqing sat up straight and opened the letter. Suddenly, he stood up from his seat. Without paying attention at the still kneeling and waiting for a reply subordinate, he ran to Jiang Mao with the letter.

After reading the letter, Jiang Mao was in a worse mood.

The letter from the capital informed that he was unexpectedly assassinated, and Jiang Mao's mother, Consort Lou, suddenly stood up to take charge of the overall situation. With the son gone, Consort Lou, who was keeping watch at this piece of fat meat Yue Wang Residence, had immediately run out of her Buddhist temple to find another backer. Who knew how much of Jiang Mao's apparent properties had been scattered by her, but now she had no money, and her eyes were again secretly on Jiang Mao's assets.

Consort Lou, as Jiang Mao's biological mother, was much more useful than the seal Lin Feng once took away. If he didn't appear, the things in his hands would be lost by Consort Lou.

"Now I'm afraid I can't continue to pretend to be dead." Jiang Mao consulted his subordinates calmly.

In the first place, this Consort Lou woman had never even gone out of the Buddhist temple when the original Jiang Mao was dying of illness. After the original died, Jiang Mao came over. She did not even realize that her son's shell had been replaced with another soul. Now when the news of her son's death came to Yue Wang Residence, she immediately put down her former position. What about devoting herself to Buddha? What about placing herself above the common populace? She did not care anymore. In order to find a backer, it was necessary to scatter Yue Wang Residence's wealth.

He had been working hard for many years to accumulate Yue Wang Residence's assets. Who didn't covet today? Consort Lou was a woman who had been abstaining from eating meat and praying for Buddha for many years, definitely not able to hold a place against her enemies. An ignorant man was innocent and yet an innocent man got into trouble because of his wealth. Obviously, Consort Lou knew it herself.

As Hu Hong walked in, he saw several people who had worked with him. It was unexpected that people from the capital city or Yue Wang Residence should be here at this moment.

Hu Hong knocked at the door before entering. Once he saw Jiang Mao, his face was very excited. Only when Little Shizi had grown as such did Gongzi let them know about it.