53

The room suddenly turned silent. Su Lingchuan, who had always been calm and self-restrained, could not help staring. He looked at Zhang Su, who was kneeling on the ground, and Jiang Mao. He looked at Jiang Mao for a long time before finally stopping his angry eyes on Su Qingbai.

His Dad's attitude towards Yue Wang could not be any clearer to Su Qingbai's. Su Qingbai bowed his head and dared not look at his Dad.

As soon as he saw Zhang Su, Su Qingbai knew something bad would happen. He knew that his Dad was not impressed with Jiang Mao, so he never dared to say Jiang Mao's identity.

Su Qingbai thought his Dad would beat him up, but Su Lingchuan suppressed his anger. He just turned to Zhang Su and said, "Suddenly I think something needs to be solved. I can't entertain you today. You go back first."

Zhang Su blankly retreated, and the realization came slowly to him: Qingbai was with a man, and the man was Yue Wang, which Qingbai had been hiding this matter from Teacher.

It was known that not long ago, the Teacher had expressed some dissatisfaction with Yue Wang. At this point, it was impossible for the Teacher to agree Qingbai be with this person, let alone be satisfied with him. Unless... The teacher didn't know that this man was Yue Wang.

"Dad, we're not trying to hide it from you. We're going to pick a time to tell you." After Zhang Su left, Su Qingbai explained quickly.

"Now I know." Su Lingchuan grabbed Su Qingbai's hand. "My decision is that I don't agree with you two anymore. Go and follow me back."

"Uncle, I'm sorry, I know it's wrong to hide from you, but I'm sincere with Qingbai, and I invite you to..."

Su Lingchuan raised his hand and interrupted Jiang Mao. "It's no longer a matter of sincerity."

All eyes could see that they, the Su Family was framed by Third Prince. Jiang Mao and his son had been together for so long, why had he been standing unswervingly on the side of Third Prince, his opposite side? Of course, Jiang Mao had a special identity and had his own considerations. But how embarrassing was his son's identity when he was still sandwiched between them?

Su Lingchuan was very concerned about that.

In addition, Su Lingchuan felt that this man was very insincere. In addition, his identity was complex. At that (future) time he would certainly have to consider taking concubines. When that happened, what would his son do then?

Su Lingchuan made up his mind not to let his son mix with that man.

"Dad..."

"Shut up!" Su Qingbai had opened his mouth to explain, but Su Lingchuan turned around and glared at him with hatred. Then he pulled him away.

Jiang Mao and Su Caicai were left behind.

"Dad, ne?" Where was he going?

Jiang Mao touched his little head and sighed helplessly, "Your Dad will stay with your grandpa for a few days. In a few days... Father will pick up your Dad."

Everything happened so suddenly. Jiang Mao could understand Elder Su could not comprehend. After a few days when Elder Su's anger calmed, he would go to apologize again.

As soon as Su Qingbai entered the door, Sun Zhe, who had been waiting there, came up and cupped his hands in obeisance at him. "Uncle Su."

Su Lingchuan let go of Su Qingbai and frowned, "What's the matter?"

Su Lingchuan's attitude was not very good, but Sun Zhe was used to it. He didn't care at all. He started to talk about business. "Uncle Su, let's sit down and talk over tea."

"No, I have something else to do. Just say it." Right now, Su Lingchuan didn't have the patience to be perfunctory with him.

Sun Zhe pursed his lips and after a thought, said, "Then I'll come straight to the point and say it to you."

Su Lingchuan did not speak and looked at him waiting for his follow-up story. Su Qingbai was also behind his Laozi.

"Uncle, now you have a chance to be excused." Sun Zhe leaned over and whispered.

Su Lingchuan looked at him in doubt.

"It's very simple," Sun Zhe continued, satisfied with his reaction. "As long as you are willing to write a letter to your student Bai Cangning, persuade him to join Third Prince. By then, you will be able to leave this poor land of mountains and rivers; don't need to drink weak tea and eat scanty meals every day; don't need to teach at an old age to get a living; your sons will also have a good future, and they will therefore respect you more. If Third Prince succeeds in ascending the throne in the future, you will still be prime minister." After that, he asked, "What do you think?"

Sun Zhe promised him a lot of benefits. As for whether these things could be realized by then, it was not his (Sun Zhe's) business. He just needed to coax Su Lingchuan now.

Su Lingchuan was listening carefully, but as he listened more, the originally serious expressions of his turned into a mockery. After listening, he refused without thinking, and said, "No way!" He looked at Sun Zhe. "If that's the case, then you don't think about it. I'll tell you now; it's impossible."

"Uncle Su, don't you think about it more? Even if it's not for your own sake, think about your sons."

Su Lingchuan laughed. "Don't think about it anymore. That's my decision."

Sun Zhe's pleasant smiling face turned cold. "Uncle Su, don't refuse a toast only to be forced to drink a forfeit1."

"Sun Zhe, who do you want to force to drink a forfeit?" At last, Su Qingbai could not help rolling up his sleeves.

Su Lingchuan grabbed Su Qingbai, who wanted to fight with Sun Zhe and turned around. "There is something else, you say it straight."

"Uncle Su, as far as I know, Xu Qian is the son of a criminal minister. A great number of arrest documents have already arrived in this town. You dare to shelter him, that's a capital felony." Sun Zhe sneered. "Believe it or not, I just need to say a word to the county magistrate here, and you will be finished immediately?"

"艹!" Su Qingbai couldn't bear it anymore and kicked Sun Zhe to the ground. This (Sunzi) grandson wanted to end his Laozi?

Sun Zhe was not a person who was willing to suffer losses. He had to fight back when he got up.

Su Qingbai saw Sun Zhe getting up and he went to him again.

Su Lingchuan's old arms and legs were too late to stop Su Qingbai. The two men were already tearing up at each other.

"Su Qingbai? You dare beat people." This was Sun Zhong. He was angry, forget that Su Family gave them the cold shoulder, but now they were even fighting his son. This could be considered as their family likes to bully?

Fighting two people alone, Su Qingbai had no advantage. Su Lingchuan was so worried. He was about to throw his old arms and legs to persuade them to end the fight when suddenly, there was a roar outside. "Stop!"

The incoming person was Su Huai.

...

Not long after Su Qingbai and Su Lingchuan left, Liu Yuqing came. He came to read Su Qingbai's pulse on time every day.

Su Qingbai was pregnant with a child. According to Su Qingbai, Su Lingchuan had a bad temper and used to beat him. Jiang Mao was sitting and his imagination ran wild.

The more Jiang Mao thought about it, the less reassured he was. After thinking about it, he carried Su Caicai in his arms and took Liu Yuqing with him. "Let's go and see Su Family." Just to take a look at Qingbai's body.

Hu Hong followed.

Soon, the three arrived at Su House.

Never did they expected, no sooner had they arrived at Su House than they saw a tall man and a middle-aged man tearing at Su Qingbai and Su Huai.

Footnotes
to hesitate to do sth until forced to do even more