62

At the border town in the mountain village.

Su Lingchuan grabbed the running little child and fished him into his embrace before pointing to the painting and asked the child, "Who is this?"

The little child was Su Caicai. He squeezed into Su Lingchuan's arms and rubbed against him. Then he pointed his tender small finger to the eye of the person on the painting, and said in a long tone, "Dad~~~ ~"

Su Lingchuan caressed his beard and nodded satisfactorily.

The grandson was still young and under two years old. He was afraid that his grandson would forget his own father, so he drew a portrait of Su Qingbai and told him that this was his dad, so that he would not forget it.

As for Jiang Mao, the other father of Su Caicai... that's not what he could manage.

Satisfactorily smiling, Su Lingchuan arranged the hair on Su Caicai's forehead, who sat down on his lap. He narcissistically thought that his little grandson was really smart.

The next moment, Su Lingchuan didn't think so. Su Lingchuan looked over and finally, his eyes fell on Su Caicai's paw. Under Su Caicai's fingertips, Su Qingbai's nose had been cut a hole with his little finger.

Su Lingchuan grabbed the chubby little hand and took it away. The nose was cut out by the child.

Su Lingchuan couldn't resist slapping his little ass. This little kid was as active as his dad was when he was a kid, always wanted to claw everything he saw.

He picked up the painting to look at it. It took a long time to paint it and it was going to have to be redrawn.

"Grandpa――"

It was the eldest grandson, Su Huai, calling from outside.

Su Lingchuan went out in a hurry only to see Su Huai came with a couple of lotus seed heads to hand them to him. "Grandpa, I just picked them. In the evening, you and Grandma can cook congee with this."

Su Lingchuan took it over. After he thought about it, he handed Su Caicai to Su Huai. "Grandpa has something to do here. You take your brother to play with you."

Su Huai was somewhat reluctant. "Grandpa, Caicai is too young to play with me."

Su Lingchuan put forth the dignity of the family head and stared at him. "You're the older brother and Grandpa is busy at the moment. Can't you help looking after the younger brother?"

When grandpa said it like that, even if Su Huai was reluctant, he had to agree.

Watching Su Huai leave with Su Caicai in his arms, Su Lingchuan breathed a sigh of relief as he rubbed his temple, and then turned back to his room to lay in bed for a nap.

The little person Caicai, the bigger he was, the more he torments people. Su Lingchuan couldn't bear it anymore.

It was not the first time Su Huai played with Su Caicai. As usual, he went to Su Caicai's home, took some toys from Su Caicai's room, grabbed a few candies that Jiang Mao had people prepared, and stuffed them into Su Caicai's pocket in front of his stomach. Then he carried the toys and Caicai to the place where children often gathered under the willow trees in the village.

It was said that Su Huai accompanied Su Caicai to play, but in fact, it was not necessarily so. Su Caicai also had familiar playmates. No sooner had Su Huai put Su Caicai down, Su Caicai himself ran away, and then found a few people to build a pile.

Su Huai stayed under a big tree not far away and a few figures walked slowly past him. He didn't pay much attention to them but all of a sudden he came to realize and looked up sharply. Once he looked at them carefully, he could no longer sit down. Those people were actually the broken legged Sun Zhe and several people that were carrying him. Without thinking about it, Su Huai ran back with Su Caicai in his arms.