Chapter 29

"Miss?" Someone whispered close to my face, and I jumped out of my sleep, looking around frantically to figure out where I was. I relaxed when I remembered I was on Roman's private plane. My eyes landed on a flight attendant who had a soft smile on her face.

"Yes?" I cleared my throat from the rasp it had from me sleeping and she pointed to the tray in her hand that I just noticed was there. It was filled with different types of finger sandwiches.

"Would you like some? We also have some wine, beer, water, and soda." She offered and I nodded, feeling my stomach rumbling.

"Yes please. I'll take a few of the small sandwiches and some wine. Thank you."

She nodded and left to go to the back of the plane. I shifted in my seat and hit something with my knees. I couldn't really see anything because it was dark, but I was able to make out Roman's legs on either side of one of mine. I did say I wasn't going to move, so I kind of expected this to happen. He was laid back into his seat, sleeping peacefully it looked like.

"Here you go, miss." The flight attendant was back with a plate of sandwiches and a small glass of wine. I thanked her and dove into the food. I was hungrier than I thought and ate all of them quickly. I sipped my wine slowly, savoring the flavor and when I was done, I went back to sleep. The next time I woke up, we were in New York. It was freezing and I wished I brought a coat with me on the plane, but I wasn't in the cold for too long because soon we were in the luxury hotel, checking in. The hotel staff took our luggage and brought it up to our suites, which apparently were adjoining. Made it easier to communicate about business even in the dead of night, according to Roman. I didn't care, I just wanted to sleep. Our rooms were close to the top floor and Roman led me to where our rooms were located, giving me my own key. I didn't care about what the suite looked like, I just wanted to sleep before I passed out.

"I have a meeting with some clients at 7 a.m., but I wouldn't need you until about 9 a.m. Be ready by then." Roman instructed me and I waved my hand in the air as I unlocked my door.

"Sure, sure." I responded and entered my room. The suite was massive, the bed so big it could probably fit four of me on it. The room had its own section for a living room and I spotted a door in the middle of the suite that had to be the door that separated mine from Roman's. I would have to check it out in the morning. I kicked my shoes off and immediately went to the bed, falling right to sleep.

***

Despite getting only a couple of hours of sleep, I felt refreshed waking up at 6 a.m. I stretched my limbs and got out of bed, looking for my bags. I turned on the lamp by the bed to give the room some light and spotted my bags in the corner. I grabbed one and pulled out clothes for a shower. The bathroom was massive like the room and the shower I took was the best one I had in a long time. I took my time, letting the water do its job. Once I felt I was clean enough, I got out and pampered myself. I chose a simple outfit to wear, a maroon colored blouse with a black pencil skirt. I left the bathroom to get my other bag that had my shoes, but paused when I actually got a good look at the bag. It wasn't mine.

"You literally had one job." I huffed as I dragged the bag with me to the door that separated our rooms. I knocked on it hard.

"Come in!" Roman yelled from the other side of the door, and I opened it, walking through the small hall and entered his room, which was even bigger than mine. He was straight ahead and turned around, dress shirt unbuttoned all the way, exposing his bare chest and his dress pants hung off his hips, dangerously low. I let out a breath and quickly lifted my eyes to his. I gestured to the bag and his eyes went to it.