Chapter 5

"Do you have your laptop?" Davis asked me as I did one more sweep of the apartment to make sure I had everything I needed for the first day of work. That sounded so good to finally say. Work. My official job since graduating college.

"Yes, I have my laptop. I have everything I need, thank you so much for helping me out." I turned to him when I reached the door. Davis was grinning at me and I knew it was because he was proud. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have met up with my brother, so this is an accomplishment for you as much as it is for me."

He waved his hand, dismissing my words. "Yeah, yeah. Don't mention it. Have a great first day of work and make sure to give me all the deets when you come home." He wagged a finger at me, and I chuckled.

"Of course. See you later." I gave him a short wave before leaving the apartment. The company was an hour away from where I lived, so I was leaving my place two and a half hours early. I had to make sure that I had enough time to sit through the expected traffic and still be on time. The sun was slowly rising as I drove to the destination, courtesy of it being 6 a.m. with work starting at 8:30 a.m. I texted Roman my email last night and his assistant indeed emailed me at a decent time, detailing my role at the company. It wasn't much, it was exactly what he said it would be. Me shadowing the CMO and learning the ropes of the company. She would assign duties to me and we would go from there.

I would get my badge, keycard, and other important items for the company when I got there. Roman would give me everything I needed and even a tour before leaving me with the CMO. I decided last night that I would call him Roman at work. It was more professional, and I didn't want anyone thinking I had special privileges and treat me differently because of it. My stomach flipped upside down with nerves the closer I got to my destination. Was my outfit work appropriate? I decided to keep it simple with a pencil dress that hugged my curves. It was professional enough for my internships, so I assumed it would be for actual work. It was a sleeveless double v neck pencil dress, with a zipper going down the back. I had pulled my curly hair back into a professional bun, not wanting any hair in my face on the first day. To finish off the outfit, I went with simple black pumps. Professional.

The nerves only increased when I pulled into the almost empty parking lot of the building, an hour early. There wasn't as much traffic as I predicted, and I mentally took note of that for next time. I was mildly surprised that there weren't more people here. I guess no normal person showed up to work an hour early, but it was my first day and I wanted to make a good impression. Glancing at the time, I saw that it was 7:15 a.m. I guess I could go in and familiarize myself with the place, or even meet up with Roman for him to show me the ropes before work officially began. Grabbing my purse that was large enough to hold my laptop, I exited my car. As I pulled my dress down to sit slightly above my knees, I inspected the building, admiring the black structure with large silver letters on it that spelled out Drakos. This was going to be my life now. Working for the Roman Drakos. I shook my head as I walked up the grand steps toward the entrance. None of this felt real. When I opened the door, a cold gust of air hit my face and I shivered as I took my first step on the marble floor. It was a beautiful white color, with golden accents decorating the entire floor. There was a large desk sitting in the middle of the lobby, though no one was behind it at the moment. Windows were on the ceiling and each pane glittered with specks that could pass as stars. I knew that had to look beautiful at night. Hanging from the glass was an intricate chandelier. Circular bulbs decorated with golden glitter twirled slowly, attached to golden poles.

I spotted elevators on the left and right sides of the building and walked toward the left side, remembering the floor number for where Roman's office was located. Floor fifty-five. After I clicked the button for the elevator, it automatically opened, revealing red plush carpet on the floor and the same for the walls of the elevator. I walked in, the noise of my heels muffled by the carpet. During the elevator ride to one of the top floors, I took that time to calm my forever revolving stomach of nerves. It has been a while since I've been in a workplace setting and I was going to be meeting different people, different personalities, the CMO. Would she like me? Was she friendly? More questions filled my head until the elevator dinged, and the doors opened, revealing Roman's floor. The floors were black with golden accents and my heels noisily clacked against the shiny floor. Straight ahead, was a desk, but no one was sitting at it. When I walked up to it, I read the nameplate displayed on top of the desk. Diane Williams, PA. The desk for his personal assistant. I glanced around the area to see if she was close by, but saw no one. Should I wait for her, or just risk it and see if Roman was in myself? After waiting for a minute, I decided it wouldn't hurt to check myself.

Walking around the desk, I mouthed the directions to his office that was in the email sent to me and stopped when I was in front of mahogany doors with golden handles. Roman Drakos was branded on the door which let me know that I was at the right place. Perfect. I knocked on the door softly and waited for a response. There was nothing. I knocked again and after no response again, I carefully opened the door.

"Roman?" I whispered, just in case he was in a meeting or on the phone. I peered in the office, stepping only halfway in, and abruptly froze at the sight in front of me. There was a woman leaning over the side of the large mahogany desk across the room, eyes closed, pants leaving her mouth. Roman was behind her standing up, hands gripping her hips as he fucked her from behind. He was clothed other than his pants pooling around his ankles and same for the woman, her skirt bunched up around her hips. She was moaning loudly now and his grunts filled the office. I wanted to leave, I needed to leave, but I couldn't. I was frozen in place, transfixed on the sight in front of me.

My body reacted in a way I hadn't felt in a long time and I had to cross my legs, mouth parting as I continued to watch his brutal thrusts into the welcoming woman on his desk. Carter never fucked me like that, ever. Roman threw his head back and rammed into the woman faster, her moans even louder than before now. He was groaning himself, his moans making heat pool in my belly. Carter never moaned like that. He barely even grunted. According to him, men shouldn't make noise during sex, as if his significant other hearing him enjoy himself was a sign of weakness. Roman cursed, eyes closed, head back, with both of his hands gripping the woman's hips so tightly, I could see the muscles in his forearms straining beneath sleeves that were shoved up his arms. The muscles in his strong thighs rippled with each thrust and I could tell he was close based on his quickened pace and I bit my lip as he thrusted into the woman and pulled out slowly, only to thrust back in just as quickly.

Okay, now it was time to leave. This was so wrong, I was violating their personal space, basically a peeping tom. I took a step back to leave, but froze when Roman lazily glanced up at that moment, eyes locking with me. His eyes narrowed and he leaned over the woman, grabbing her shoulder, thrusting inside her brutally before pushing her down and pinning her to the desk, emptying himself inside of her. He grunted, mouth opened as he jerked inside of her, all while having his eyes locked on me, a primal look on his face. That, was the most attractive thing I had ever seen. The throbbing between my thighs agreed.