Chapter 32

The rest of the day flew by. Roman met with other CEOs about partnerships and by the time the last meeting was conducted, it was evening, and my brain was fried. I didn't know how he wasn't tired of speaking when I was tired from just listening. We left the conference room, and it was a silent trip back to our rooms. It wasn't an awkward one though despite everything that happened with us that day. It was a peaceful silence and I enjoyed it. We left the elevator and went straight to our rooms, and I immediately stripped and hopped in the shower. It was blissful and after washing my body, I left the shower and prepped the large tub for a bath. I wanted to pamper myself and relax my muscles even more. It had been forever since I had a good bath. After putting in all the necessities in the tub, I entered it and let out a moan at how my body automatically relaxed. I closed my eyes and sighed. I could stay in here forever. I wasn't even five minutes into my relaxing bath, when I heard a knock on one of the doors.

            "Come in!" I yelled, hoping my voice was loud enough to reach out there. I wasn't getting out of this tub for anyone. There was a quick rap on the bathroom door, and I opened one eye. "Enter." Roman opened the door slowly, brows bunched as he looked around the bathroom. When his eyes landed on me, he chuckled.

            "You didn't even do any work today. Did you really need a bubble bath?"

            "I walked around, didn't I? That's work enough. Of course, I need to be pampered afterward." I waved my hand in the air and had him smiling and shaking his head.

            "I came to ask if you wanted to join me for a boat ride this evening." He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest. My eyes followed the movement, and I pursed my lips when I made eye contact with him again.

            "A boat ride? I'm not a fan of being that close to the water."

            "It's actually more of a yacht if that changes anything." He corrected and that piqued my interest. That was far away enough from the water for me. I turned my attention to the foam of the soap that filled the top and pretended to think.

            "Hm. Okay, I'm down. When should I start getting ready?" I asked him and I swore I saw his eyes light up at my response.

            "Now, if possible. I would like to catch the sunset."

            That sounded beautiful. "Okay, give me like five minutes and I'll be ready."

            He nodded and left the bathroom. I immediately got out of the tub, draining it, and pampered my body. When I was done, I went through my suitcase to look for something to wear. What was I supposed to wear on a yacht? Especially in cold New York at night. I rummaged through my bag until I found a black turtleneck and flared jeans. That would be comfortable enough for me and warm. Pairing the outfit with black boots, I knocked on the door separating our rooms.

            "Come in!"

            I entered and found Roman buttoning up the last button on his gray button-down. He paired it with dark wash jeans, and I was glad I didn't stick out by being the only one to wear jeans.

            "Nice jeans," Roman smirked as he took in my outfit, and I gave him a twirl.

            "Thank you. I hate skinny jeans, though you seem to love them." I laughed at the face he made.

            "They're not skinny, they're slim fitting. There's an actual difference." He smoothed his hands down his pants, making me laugh again. He shook his head. "Come on, we're going to take a car there and hopefully we catch the sunset." He gestured for me to follow him, and I did. He led me to the car and soon we were on our way to the water. The windows were down and even though it was indeed chilly, I enjoyed the weather. The car ride was silent, but comfortable and soon we were at the yacht. It was just as big as I pictured it and when we boarded it, I noticed that there was no one else on it besides the guy steering it.

            "Where is everyone? Are we early?" I asked as I looked around, spotting a bar and sitting area on almost every level. The sun was beginning to set, and I wanted to get to the top to have the best view.

            "No one else is coming. It's just us." Roman spoke from behind me and I turned around quickly to see his face.

            "Really? It's just us?" I asked, searching his face and he nodded. He was telling the truth. The thought of being alone with him on a large boat like this had me swallowing hard. "Okay, I'm going to the top to watch the sunset. You can join me if you want." I turned back around and walked up the stairs leading to the top of the yacht. I held on to the railing for a little bit when the yacht started moving. The wind was stronger up here, but the view was amazing. There were different lounge chairs up here and also something that looked like a long, smooth bench. It was white and round at the top and I passed my hand over it as I walked past it. I was going to sit down, but the sunset was happening already, so I stood instead, taking in the oranges, pinks, and now purples of the sky. I didn't remember the last time I watched a sunset like this. It was breathtaking.

            "Beautiful," Roman murmured from behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder at him. He wasn't staring at the sunset. He was looking directly at me. Was he talking about the sunset or me? My face heated up either way and I turned back to the sunset in time to watch the sun fully set, no longer in the sky. I could do this every night. The sky was now slowly darkening and the lights on the yacht turned on. I glanced over my shoulder again and saw that Roman had moved even closer to me, but this time he was looking at the sky, looking deep in thought. My eyes roamed his face and my mind wandered to what it would be like to caress his face with my hands instead of my eyes. He glanced at me at the moment and his eyes went straight to my lips.

            "No," The word left my lips, and the corners of his mouth quirked. He looked straight ahead again, sighing.

            "Violett," he said my name in an exasperated way and I rolled my eyes.

            "What, Drakos? Upset I won't let you get a little kiss in when you want it?" I taunted him and he moved from behind me to next to me, an annoyed look on his face.

            "Don't call me that."

            "Why not? You seemed to like it when it came from Anna's mouth." I mentally slapped myself as soon as I said that. Roman smirked, confirming that it did sound petty coming out of my mouth.

            "Are you jealous, love?" He raised a brow and seemed to enjoy that thought. I let out a laugh that sounding airy.

            "Of course not. I have nothing to be jealous about, we're not in a relationship." I rolled my eyes to help add to my nonchalant manner. I hope it worked. Was I jealous? If so, why? I couldn't even truthfully answer that question myself. He didn't seem to believe me though and only hummed.

            "Everyone else calls me Drakos. I don't want you to be part of everyone else. No one calls me Roman." He locked eyes with me. "No one."

            I kind of knew that but didn't realize that it would've meant something to him like he was emphasizing. The thought of only me having that luxury warmed me and I couldn't stop the smile that grew on my face.

            "I also don't want you calling me Mr. Drakos."

            I made a face at his words. "You're the one who told me to call you that. You think I actually want to call you that?" I scoffed and he sighed.

            "I know. I only said that because I was trying to keep some distance between us."

            "Obviously that didn't work. Just like the ignoring. I want you to stop that." He opened his mouth to speak but I held a hand up, stopping him. "Who fucking cares about what's going on around us and about what you feel when you're around me. You need to get over it and control yourself. You're acting like a hormonal teenager. You're a grown ass man. We are attracted to each other, yes, but those are the cards we've been dealt so we'll just have to deal with it. Okay?" I didn't mean to go on a rant, but all of this had been building up for so long and this was the perfect time to let it all out. Roman looked shocked at my words but moved his lips to the side, nodding.

            "Alrighty then. I'm sorry. I'll do better." He looked so sincere and innocent, and I pulled him toward me, wrapping my arms around his body, and rested my head on his chest. His arms wrapped around me and his chin rested on top of my head.

            "Thank you," I murmured into his chest.