C H A P T E R 29

---

"Thank you for accompanying me today girls. Bye bye," I bid goodbye to them and went to take the elevator. Nakaramdam ako ng kaba nang bubuksan ko na ang pinto ng condo ko. "Where have you been?" Zach's serious look welcomed me in the living room.

"Ahm... I went to get something in the office--" pagdadahilan ko nang putulin niya ang pagsasalita ko. "Liar," he cut my words off with such a word to describe himself too. "I called Miles in the office and she said you were never there today," aniya sa naiiritang mukha.

"I thought you're not feeling well but you still managed to go out and have the guts to lie on my face?" His words made my blood boil that put a smirk on my face. "Liar? Are you talking about yourself?" I tried to sound as calm as I can and put down my bag in the sofa to face him.

"Anong pinagsasabi mo? I called you a lot of times but your phone just kept on ringing," aniya na nalukot ang nuo. "Ang kapal naman ng mukha mong sabihan akong sinungaling kung alam mo din mismo sa sarili mong mas sinungaling ka pa sa'kin."

Nag-iba naman ang timpla ng mukha niya dahil sa sinabi ko. "When did I ever lie to you? Tell me," sambit niya na namumula ang mukha at niluwagan ang necktie niya at ako naman ay may hinahalungkat sa phone ko and I saw 83 missed calls from Zachylicious😎 on my phone's screen, he wasn't lying.

"Sabihin mo nga kung anong ginagawa niyo ng takas-mental mong kaibigan na nagtangkang pumatay sa dati mong girlfriend sa café ni Nico ha?" I uttered and presented the picture to his face.

He went on mute. "Tell me what the two of you were doing there, go on and tell me!" sambit ko at uminom ng tubig mula sa ref. "Last Wednesday, you told me you're having a meeting then you're with her?" dagdag ko pa nang matapos makainom.

"Wala kaming ginagawang masama, we're just talking and that's it! Nothing more, kumalma ka nga--" pinutol ko ang sinabi niya. "Nothing more? Paano ako kakalma kung hindi lang kayo isang ulit pumunta sa Café ni Nico at wala ka pa talagang pinipiling lugar no?" Tumawa ako ng mahina. "I didn't know she owns that place and I'm not the one who said we'll meet there but Phoebe herself!" he defended himself.

"Remember when I called you last Wednesday? You were there right? Won't you ask me if I were there too because I was there! I saw you with her!" I shouted because of anger. "Tinawagan kita para itanong kung nasaan ka pero anong sinabi mo? Diba't sabi mong nasa office ka? I was standing there, watching how you lie!" I felt roller coaster of emotions in my system.

"I admit I said nasa office ako because I thought you're going there!" he hissed. "What about whenever you tell me you're on a meeting huh? A staff on the Café would send me a picture of the two of you and I can see you smiling from ear to ear while you talk!" I shouted back and slammed the fridge's door.

"Nawalan ka ata ng salita?" tanong ko habang namemewang at tinitignan siyang nakayuko. "Sino ang mas sinungaling sa'tin ngayon?" ani ko at tutungo sana sa kwarto ngunit napahinto nang huminga siya ng malalim at nagsalita.

"Fine, I'll tell you the truth. Sit there and wait a bit," he told me and went to get his phone on his coat. He browsed through it and gave it to me. Lumukot naman ang nuo ko sa nakita. It was a conversation of him and Trevin.

< Trevin c0ny0

TUESDAY 3:18 PM

Dude, Phoebe's at it again.

What do you mean?

I received a text from someone and
my gut feeling tells me it's her. She
said she'll be meeting you tomorrow.