E P I L O G U E

——

The amusement park was luminous with direct sunlight from the sun, not in a way it burns and irritate your skin in an instant but just in the right beam.

He decided to bring his daughter with him. To the place where her own clueless mother gave his father a second chance to continue their on-hold and once was a hopeless love story.

His hair grew long just like they did before, not that he didn't have the time to get his hair done by a barber but because he just let it be tied in a top knot. His general looks was way more appealing in a different way now that he has a breed of his own.

Their daughter on the other hand was the exact photocopy of her mother. A little version of Avani with her own intimidating aura at the age of two. She sure is a product of Zach and Avani's love for she inherited her mother's delicate facial features that complements her father's jolly but at the same time serious manners.

Soft laughters of their daughter was enveloped by his ears all day long. He was not in the hospital today to work. Instead, he was spending more time with their daughter as what he should do as a father. They rode every rides they saw that caught the adventurous Stella's attention that are suitable for her age and tried them. They even left no mercy to the mighty claw machine which her wife would've done too.

Not prohibiting his daughter to eat sweets like what other parents do, he smiled while looking to little Stella who was busy eating the strawberry ice cream he's holding using her adorable little tongue.

"Dada, you eat too!" the little one exclaimed with her lovely baby voice when she caught his father gazing at her and pushed away towards his direction the ice cream cup he's holding.

"No sweetie, Dada's fine," chuckling at his daughter's adorable words, he replied.

Instead to have a taste again, she carefully took the small spoon and scooped a spoonful of ice cream and reached it out to Zach who had no choice but to lean down and open his mouth while chuckling. Stella then clapped after seeing her father savoring its sweetness that reminds him of his wife's favorite strawberry cake.

Nakatingin lang siya sa anak na masayang nagpatuloy ng kain. Ang mga mahinang pagtawa nito ay nagpapaalala sa kaniya ng asawang dalawang taon nang namamalagi sa ospital na kaniyang pinagtatrabahuan.

Walang araw na pinalampas si Zach para manatili sa tabi ng asawa at minsan lamang itong pinapabantayan sa inaasahan niyang mga nurse at iyon ay sa mga mahahalagang araw ng mga mahal niya sa buhay gaya ng mga kaarawan at iba pang mahahalagang lakad na kinakailangan ng kaniyang presensya.

Sa mahigit dalawang taon na lumipas, parang hindi siya nakaramdam ng pagod o anumang pagka-irita dahil sa hindi pa nagigising ang asawa. Ang tanging pinapasok sa kokote ay darating rin ang araw na mababayaran ang lahat ng araw na sinasakripisyo niya para sa asawa at iyon ay ang araw na magigising na ito.

Sa ngayong kaarawan ng nag-iisa nilang anak na babae, ipinasyal niya ito sa panlibangang parke na naging dahilan ng mga masayang ngiting nakasabit sa mukha nito.

Naubos na ang kinakain ng anak kaya inaya na niya itong pumunta sa ina gaya ng nakasanayan nilang gawin kapag kaarawan ng anak para doon magdiwang. Maingat niya itong pinapasok sa sasakyan at siniguradong hindi matatanggal ang seatbelt nito bago tunguhin ang driver's seat.

Laking pasasalamat niya at hindi iyakin ang anak ngayong malaki na ito hindi gaya nang maliit pa lamang na halos pati siya ay maiyak na rin kapag hindi ito tumatahan. Kung kaya't naging mabuti ang kanilang biyahe. Sumusubok itong magbilang ng mga daliri na ikinangiti ng lalaki sa halos buong biyahe.