C H A P T E R 26

---

"All you need to do is to not let her remember things. Do you understand?" The man on the phone said. "Yes sir, you can count on me," I told him for assurance.

"Thank you, I want no more harm to occur again," he replied in a sigh and then ended the call. He doesn't want to let Avani remember but I want her to remember things badly but not now, not at this point. Not yet.

"Sino 'yon?" biglaang sambit ni Avani na kakapasok lang ng balkonahe kaya nataranta naman ako at nag-isip ng sasabihin. "Nothing, just my s-secretary updating m-me about something," kahit anong pigil ko mang wag ma-utal ay nahalata niya ito.

"Hm? I thought he's on a vacation and you're looking for a temporary one?" kunot-noo niyang tanong. "Wala, nag update lang siya ng naganap doon," finally I tried to sound believable this time that made her brows fight no more.

Not until... "Pahiram ako phone mo po," she chirped innocently and even made a puppy-dog eyes. "Pwease?" she said in a cute tone once again and I was staring at her cute face.

I scratched my neck for a while and gave the phone to her with nervousness but it's not a girl though so I'm safe, it's just that she might ask questions about what me and his dad talked about. Yeah, it's his dad who called. "Dad called you?" gulat niyang tanong, well seems like she wasn't expecting that one.

"He just asked if you were fine Lauv," I smiled awkwardly. "Nothing more?" pagtatanong niyang muli. "Opo," I replied smiling. "Fine. I respect your privacy since both of you won't tell me a thing naman," she sadly uttered and pouted that made me chuckle.

"Who knows? We might be throwing a surprise on you that's why we talked," I blurted out so she can smile na and I think that worked because her eyes widened. "Really?" she exclaimed excitedly. "Secret. Come here," I smiled at her and we sat on the couch. Yes it's a secret Lauv, a secret you wouldn't wish to know.

"I can't believe I'm getting married," hindi makapaniwalang saad niya. "Believe it or not, you're marrying me in just a few months," I smiled at her and kissed her many times in the lips. "Akala ko talaga tatanda akong dalaga but look who I got, a very handsome doctor, slash cook, slash railer--" I cut her words with a, "Talaga lang ha?" at tumawa lang siya ng malakas.

"By the way, how is Astrid handling things so far?" usisa niya. "She's been doing well. Reception is all set and everything, Kaunti nalang at okay na ang lahat," saad ko at nakatanggap ng text galing kay Anthony.

From: Luvut🍑
Dude, I had an urgent business trip for months and I think I can't come to your wedding but we'll see if I can manage. Kurutin ko lubot niyo kung makakapunta ako.

I sent him a reply saying, "Lubot mo din. It's fine dude, be safe." He's named Luvut in our contacts because he's bisaya and he always tells us "Lubot nimo!" which means 'your butt' when he's pissed off kaya yan na tawag namin sa kaniya.

I turned off my phone and was brushing some stroke of her hair while I mesmerized the beauty that the city view holds when she spoke. "Lauv?" pagtawag niya sakin at napatingin naman ako sa kaniya.

"There's something that's bothering my mind lately," she uttered and I curiously replied, "What is it?" Nag-isip muna siya ng ilang sandali. "Noong pumunta kasi tayo sa bahay mo dati, I've always been curious about what lays behind that locked door upstairs," pakukwento niya na nagpa-kaba sa akin ng bigla.

"Really? Don't mind that, it was just a storage room," I looked far away so she can't see my eyes and tell that I'm lying because I might be. "I thought you had one downstairs?" she asked a follow up question. "Ahm, I have two," I quickly uttered. "Ganon ba? If you say so, I believe you naman," she uttered.