"Baby, we are you going?" Asked Benny.

"Uhh, doctors " I kissed his head.

"Why?"

"Nothing serious just a checkup"

"Ok sweetheart"

I grabbed my bag and rushed out the door. I got in the car and drove away from our home. Benny wouldn't need the car while I was gone anyway. I guarantee he will be in the same place I left him when I return.

When I arrived I was told to sit in the waiting room for ny turn. I hated hospitals. They freak me out. While I waited I read some of the little pamphlets and papers they had lying around.

"Y/n Watts please?" A voice called.

I stood up and followed the doctor to the room.

"Take a seat" she said.

I sat down, crossing my legs.

"Ok so what seems to be the problem?" She asked.

"Well I've been suffering from heartburn lately, I've been on some medication to help with it but I'm a little worried about what could be causing it"

"Pregnancy can be a cause of heartburn are you aware of that?"

"Yes"

"Are you sexually active?"

"Yeah"

"Do you use any form of protection?"

"Birth control"

"I can give you an ultrasound, to see if you are" she said " can you lay on the bed for me?"

I did as I was told and laid down on the bed. She lifted my dress and pressed the tool onto my lower belly. It was cold and I flinched at the contact.

"There is nothing there" she said " so you're not pregnant"

"I don't know if that's good or bad news to me"

"This medication you're on, can I see it?"

"Yeah" I grabbed it from my bag and showed it to her.

"How long have you been experiencing this?"

"About five weeks or so"

She scribbled stuff down on her file as I told her.

"Have you been having any other symptoms?"

"Like what?"

"Dizziness? Shortness of breath? Fainting?"

"Umm well, yes actually, I have been feeling a little bit faint but I didn't think anything of it. I just thought perhaps I was dehydrated or hungry"

"Do you mind if I use a stethoscope, to listen to your chest?"

"Not at all"

"Can you please unbuttoned your top, it works better on bare skin"

"Sure.

I undid the first couple of buttons on my dress and she placed the stethoscope on my chest. Flinching, once again from the cold contact. She listened for a few minutes before taking it off and writing again. I buttoned my dress back up and waited.

"I just need to go check something, I will be right back" she said.

"Ok"

She left me alone in the room. I sat quietly, fiddling with my fingers and waiting for her to come back. After about five minutes she came back with some equipment in her hand.

"Ok mrs Watts, I'm just going to use this to see your heart patterns" she said " it shouldn't be anything serious, it's just a precaution"

"Ok"

"Right so I'm just going to put this latch on your chest and arm to measure your heart rate and blood pressure, you won't feel a thing"

Once again, I unbuttoned my dress and she put two squares on my skin, one on my arm and one on my chest. They were both attached to wires which were attached to this monitor thing.

She scribbled some more things down then removed it.

"Mrs Watts are you a smoker?"

"Yeah"

She wrote something down then stood up form her chair.

"I'll be right back" she said leaving the room.

She returned a lot quicker than last time but this time she had this look on her face.

"Umm Mrs Watts I have some unfortunate news for you" she said sitting down.

"What?"

"Well all your symptoms are, symptoms of arrhythmia"

"I'm sorry I don't understand"

"Irregular heartbeats"

"I'm confused, I've never had any heart problems before?"

"Yes, it has only just recently developed" she said, her face turning pale "it seems to be... worsening"

"How so?"

" umm, your heart is sort of, well, failing"

"Failing?"

I felt like I was going to vomit. My heart was failing?

"I'm sorry" she said "there isn't very much we can do. We can provide you with medication to try and stabilise your heart rate. However if the medication doesn't work and your hear continues to fail..."

"I could die?"

"Most likely yes"

"I see" I frowned.

"A heart transplant could save you, but unfortunately we don't currently have any donors of your blood and tissue type" she said " we will keep a look out and if any donors that are suitable for you appear, we will inform you immediately"

"Thankyou doctor" I said.

She handed me a bottle of pills which I put in my bag.

"Say the medication doesn't work, and I can't find a donor, how long will I have left?"

"By the looks of how your heart is working at the moment, about 2 weeks, so fourteen days"

I nodded and stood up.

"I'm really sorry Mrs Watts, I wish there was something else we could do"

I put a smile on my face.

"No worries doctor, I'm sure I'll be fine"

I went back to the car and drove away. When I got back home I came inside and what a surprise Benny was where I left him.

"Oh hey dear" he smiled " how was it?"

He looked so happy to see me. I didn't want to have to spoil his day and ruin his mood. But I had to tell him at some point, he had to know.

How am I supposed to tell Benny that I possible only have 14 days to live?

A/n

New series!!!!