Benny- Where are you? -Part 6

I unlocked my door, and let Mr June into my home.

"We've got the case back" He said "We need to talk to Beth Harmon, find out what she was doing there at the crime scene"

"Ok" I nodded.

"The investigation over the dead girl, told us she was there at the river the same day Y/n was, so Beth must have seen her. There has to be a link between the two"

"So where too first?"

"Beth"

"If it is-her" I said " We need to be careful, Beth's smart and can talk her way out of things"

"Don't worry Benny, this is my job, we'll get the truth"

We got a plane over to Kentucky. The flight was a little tedious but the fact I knew we were getting closer to finding Y/n kept me going. As soon as we got to Kentucky we got a taxi to Beth's house.

"Miss Harmon?" He knocked on the door.

She opened the door, looking a little surprised.

"Benny?" She asked.

"Miss Harmon, we have a few questions to ask you"

"Um ok"

She let us in, and we sat down. Mr June got out his notepad.

"So we belive you were there at the time that girl got murdered?"

"What makes you think that?"

"When you visited Benny earlier, you said the girl who got axed in half, but the murder weapon hadn't been identified at that time. But just yesterday, from examination of the body we discovered, the weapon was an axe. And the only way you could have known that is if you were there. Did you see anyone suspicious?"

"No"

"So, what were you doing there?"

"I was, taking a walk to clear my head" She got up and walked to her kitchen " Coffie?"

"No thankyou, so how did you know the weapon was an axe if you didn't see anyone else there?"

"I overheard someone talking about it"

"When?"

"When I went to see about my restraining order"

She was lying.

I looked over to Mr June and mouthed " She doesn't have a restraining order against anyone"

"A restraining order against who exactly? He asked.

"My ex" She sat back down.

"But this was before the murder weapon was found so, I'm sorry miss Harmon but I don't think you're telling the truth"

She tapped her finger on the ceramic of the cup.

"Why would I lie to you?"

"Maybe you're covering for someone?" I said " Or maybe, you're trying to cover yourself"

"Why would I have to protect myself from something I didn't do?" She smiled, taking a sip of her drink.

She was too good at lying. We needed something to trip her up.

"Do you know who the girl was then, have they identified her?" She asked.

"Yes" Mr June said " She was infact a colleague of Y/n Y/ln, Benny's missing girlfriend who happened to be at the exact same place, at the same time"

"How unfortunate, I do hope they find her soon"

I quickly scanned the room with my eyes in hope of finding something that could help. But nothing. She left no trace. Maybe she was telling the truth?