Benny- Where are you?- Part 4

"Lies" I whispered.

"Benny-"

"It isn't true! She's not dead! I know it! Not Y/n, she's too smart, she's too strong-"

"Benny, please calm down" He told me "what I saw I can't confirm if it was her or not"

"What do you mean?"

"In the river, there was a body it was- severed in half"

"Oh you've got to be kidding me-"

I swung opened the car door and climbed out, doubling over and regurgitated the contents of my stomach. The thought of my sweet girl, getting sawed in half made my stomach churn.

The backup arrived and took the body from the river, bagging it up and taking it away to be tested. For the meantime all I could do was wait.

I waited, for what felt like days until the phone finally rang.

"Mr June, is it?" I asked nervously.

"Benny" He said " it wasn't her"

I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in relief.

"So, where is she?"

"I don't know, but she was definitely there the jacket was hers, it was on the girls body. It was almost as if the person had tried to make it seem that was her. But the DNA tests came back, it's someone else"

"So what now?"

"I don't know" He sighed " The authorities suggested I drop the case"

"Drop the case? But you can't, we haven't found her yet"

"What else is there left to do? We have no more evidence, no leads, nothing"

"There has to be something"

"Mabye she simply- ran away"

"She wouldn't just run away" I laughed in frustration " Not without telling me at least. There is something else going on here I'm telling you!"

"Look, I want to belive you Benny I do but it's just not realistic... maybe she is dead"

"She isn't dead! There is something wrong, and in going to find out what. With or without you!"

I slammed the phone on the holder.