part sixty

— jessie's pov
Hotch told me to ' take some time and have fun with my weekend.' it did really take a toll on me. All those children just in the dmv that are being abused and raped. We didn't even catch them all.

" you ok?" dereks says, pouring some milk into his cereal. Everyone was at the table eating breakfast for the first time; Clara, Derek, savannah, the kids, and I.

Clara and Savannah were having their own conversation about nursing school stuff while the kids played with their pancakes.

" yea, I'm fine." I stir my yogurt bowl. Finally taking a bite.

" you did amazing, the way you connected with those kids. I think you should go into that field after high school and the head of the task force said you could volunteer as soon as you turn sixteen." I knew he was trying to shed some light on the situation.

"I understand how they felt." I push my yogurt in front of me and take my phone out; someone was calling me.

" Hello?"

"I found them." Penelope's voice shouted through the phone. I had to remove it from my ear since it was so loud.

" found who?" I walk into the dining room, trying to find a better sense of privacy.

" Clara's parents." my heart almost jumps out of my chest. Her parents?

they froze everything as soon as Clara went missing and went off the grid entirely and left no trace. "how?"

" they unfroze one of their savings accounts to remove 1,300 dollars from it. I sent the local precinct to pick them up and bring them to the bau." I look at Clara; she was laughing and dwelling with family. Do we really need to rip that bandage open?

" umm, I don't have a ride?"

" well, tell Derek to come here immediately. We have a possible anthrax case. so now, you have a ride." I smile and hang up the phone.

I walk back into the kitchen and put my plate into the fridge for later. " you're not hungry?" Savannah ask. I shake my head and turn towards Clara.
Should I tell her now? What if they're not even her birth parents, just some people looking for money in the wrong place.

I won't tell her until I'm sure. 100 % positive.

" We have a case." Derek lifts his head and starts to clean up. " it's a possible anthrax case."

" you can't come. I don't want you to be possibly exposed!" he says, changing his shirt and putting on some boots. " plus, you need a break."

"I have to go!" everybody turns towards me.

" why?"

" I just have to, trust me." I make direct eye contact with him. His mood changes, and he seemed more liable.

" ok, go! hurry and get ready."

We were on the elevator going up towards the bau.
" Why did you have to come?" Derek says.

" Penelope may have found Clara's parents. They're in interrogation room one." he looks at me as the elevator opens, and we go our separate ways.

The bau was filled with personnel of all sorts, including military and national security. Also, they were a whole bunch of rookie agents. Hotch was looking for a replacement for Kate; since she left.

I walk towards hotch's office to see if I could be any help towards the case before I attend to Clara's parents.

The longer they would wait, the longer they would feel out of ease. I walk into the office, where an African American woman stood before him. She was tall too.