part eleven

-- emily's pov

" where are we?"  hotch says.

" well, all that we have is a woman killing brunettes with blue eyes." morgan says. Reid begins to mutter to himself. And then begins talking. " actually, we have a lot more than. The people that she kills is most likely a surrogate of some sort; I think it's for herself." he goes to the board that has all the women.

" think about it; she took the first baby. But then killed everybody else. So, in a certain way, ten circular marks around her stomach." he dials Gracia.

" make phone love to me," she says.

" Gracia, you're on speaker. Has anybody ever had ten miscarriages in this area?" Emily looks at me." Wow, umm. let's see." I hear her typing on her keyboard. " oh, that's way too much." she says in a sad voice.

"what's wrong?" I ask." in the landing, Michigan. twenty-four woman have had at least ten miscarriages in the twelve years." I open my eyes wider, that is a lot!

" narrow it down to brunette women with blue eyes," I yell into the phone. 

" three women. Tristen Garner, Miley Montoya, and Mary Lantern." she continues to type on her keyboard. " wait, never mind. Miley Montoya has been on suicide watch in a psych ward for three months."

"ok, thanks, Garcia. fax all information you have on them." 

" ok, bye, my little sugarplums!" she hangs up the phone. 

Reid pulls out the papers from the machine and quickly scans through them, his hand going down the report.

"it's Mary; the profile fits her to the T."

--  jessie's pov

I sit on the bathroom toilet: control, control. I finally think of what he said to me. "met me here every Wednesday." is this going to be my life? A sex slave? A prostitute? I bow my head, " Lord, if your listening. please help me." I shed more than a few tears: control, control.

I reach my bag and pull out my razor blade. I swipe it against my skin, the feeling of control. All the pain goes into my thigh. I carve the word 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 into my leg. I feel nothing. I feel better; I continue Slashing my legs until I only see red, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥. I blink, and I'm back into reality. The blood starts to drip. Wipe, wipe, wipe. I use paper towels to clean up the mess. Then, I hear the door open." Jessie? are you in here?" Garcia says, knocking on the stall door.

" yea, my stomach hurts. I'll be out in a second." I try to make sure none of the blood drips, but then a droplet hits the floor.

" ooh, it's the time of the month?" she says enthusiastically. I sigh with relief.

" yes, haha. I guess it is." I walk in, wipe my thighs, and exit. I head to the sink. " don't tell anybody." I say to her, looking at her through the mirror.

" of course, your reproductive secrets are safe with me." she grabs my hands and brings me into Derek's office. Where a bunch of balloons and board games lie. I let out a giggle. " for me?" I say, picking up a board game from the floor 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐲 it reads.

" well, I know your a little too old for board games but, I was thinking more of a girls night? You know, boys and drama." the word boys make my heart skip a beat. Boys/men, they all disgust me. I see him in everybody. I shake my head. No, don't think that. People with bet suspicious. I reply to her question.

" sure, but you go first." I sit comfortably in my seat.

-- emily's pov

morgan kicks in the lady's door, its lined floor to floor with toys and games. I hear from the other room "clear" then, from another room, "clear." I head into the other room next to the hallway. It seems to be a child room. A lady was swinging on the rocking chair, and a child too old to be the first victim's sleeping on the bed. " Mary Lantern hands up." she shushes me.

" don't wake the baby." she puts it in the crib and walks to me, and turns around.

I cuff her, and she says one more thing. " tell Emma and Tyler I love them." I walk her out into the street. " why? Did you do it?" I ask before putting her into the police vehicle. 

" They were everything that I couldn't be." I slammed the door, thanking God it was over.

-------

* in the jet*

I look out onto the stars, another day. Gone. Then I hear my seat move, and morgan comes up to me." you ok?" he says, taking off his headphones.

"yea." my stomach had a sinking feeling.