cold case

if you haven't already, to understand this chapter completely, you're going to have to read chapter one through eight <3

— jessie's pov
I was going through some likely serial killer case files, but nothing was really standing out. Then, I hear Garcia's heels walking hastily. We have a case. It's been four days since Emily went back to London.

I made them swear not to tell anybody about James, especially Derek.

After-school, James has been picking me up, and I've been helping him stock the shelves at the store. It's weird, but I feel like I bond with him a lot more.

I make my way towards the round table room. Everybody was there. I take a seat in the back couch and listen to Garcia explaining.

" in Denver, Colorado... three bodies were found um- f-frozen to death." she clicks the screen to reveal three frozen bodies. " Amy Warburg, Justin Travis, and Melanie Smith were found in a remote area along a local Denver hiking trail."

I open the file, they crossed racial and gender lines. Also, each of their work overlapped each other. Amy was a waiter, Justin was a Janitor, and Melanie was an accountant. They all had pretty dull jobs. I look at the bodies again. Examining everything, the fingers were blue. Of course.

" guys, I think I know what this is." everybody turns to me, waiting for me to explain. " b-before I was adopted, I was in a foster home, and I think they did the same thing to us. I don't remember much, but Emily was working the case; you guys should call her."

" if we are dealing with a cult, we know there is going to be more. Garcia, when we get on the jet, patch Emily in. Wheels up in 20." I nod; everybody else dispersed. I go through the case file, and I can feel hotch standing over me.

" yes, sir?"

" If this is true, we're going to need some familiar eyes." I grin. " yes, sir. Absolutely." I answer before he finishes the question.

" do you have a go-bag?" I nod; I've always had a go-bag in case of emergencies. He smiles and leaves the room.

My first time in the jet! this is going to be sooo cool. I go into Derek's office under his drawer and grab the bag.

" Penelope, I'm going with them!" she smiles and hurries me along, so I'm not late. I catch the elevator just in time as the team enters it.

I sit in a seat, waiting for my presence to be of use. Then, Alex comes and sits next to me. " your first ride?" I nod my head. " yea, I was kinda anxious too." I smile and heard a ding,

" Hello, my beautiful profilers! we are patching Emily through right now!" I come closer towards the middle to see Emily.

They all say hi, I stay quiet. I was going through the case files. Emily was still talking, but I wasn't listening.

Then, I heard my name... " I think it would be good if Jessie and Alex go to her foster parents in jail." I look up. All eyes were on me. I nod quickly in response.

I don't want to think about them, at least not now.

Alex and I were driving towards the jailhouse.
" Are you scared?" she asked, trying to make small talk.

" no. I'm actually ready to get some answers." she looks at me, eyes full of secrets. She still hadn't told me what went down the day JJ got back.

We arrive, and they check us in. I'm marked as a guest. We enter, and they seat us at a metal table with one chair on the other side.

We hear a metal clink and chains jangling. I don't turn around. No, he has to see me first.

" well, this is a surprise." he walks and sits down. He was older, paler. It gave me chills. I don't say anything. I just stay quiet. " aren't you a little too young to be a cop?"