part eight

present time-                                                                                                                                                                            8 years later

- emily's pov

I open the door to allow everybody inside. I cover my mouth, indicating them to be quiet.  Spencer, Derek, JJ, Hotch, Penelope, and Rossi sneakily walk into Jessie's room.

" happy birthday!" we all shout in unison, which shakes her up from her deep sleep. 

" huh?" she rubs her eyes till she can entirely focus. " oh, wow. Thank you!" she says, trying to pinpoint everybody.

- jessie's pov

the whole team was here, excellent! I blow my candles out, but they light back up. I try again, but it still does the same thing.

"it's trick candles; they did the same thing for my birthday." But, Reid says. " give them one more blow, and that should do the trick." 

He was right. I gave it one more blow, and they went out; everybody scram in excitement. " go get ready; we'll be in the dining room." mom says, patting my back.

They all exit one by one until I could finally close the door, thirteen years of life. Yet, I'm a teenager. I go into the bathroom. The person in the mirror was different; they were bigger, more mature. I could already see I was a teenager. I brush my teeth, then hop into the shower. I am finally finishing off with getting dressed. Today's outfit was simple a graphic tee and some jeans. 

" There she is!" Rossi yells, coming and squeezing my cheeks. " Giorno Felice." he leaves me with.

" Happy day," spencer comments from the table. I smile and make my way towards the island. Emily cuts a slice of cake and gives it to me, then passes it to everybody else.

" This is the only time I allow cake in the morning," she says, indulging in a slice too. It was red velvet with whipped cream icing—my favorite. Everybody bites into their pieces and makes little chit-chat.

" I remember when I was thirteen..." morgan says with his playboy accent.

" oh, we all know what you were doing when you were thirteen." mom remarks, and everybody burst out laughing. Even hotch. 

" Thanks, you guys soo much," I say, finishing my last bite. I take the rest of the empty plates and put them in the sink.

I hear a clap come from Penelope, " presents time!" she runs into the sitting area where the gifts were.  she picks up a huge bag. " mine, first."

Mom runs to get the camera. I remove the gifting tissue to reveal numerous baby-tees, jewelry, and a Nickleback vinyl. " how much did this cost?" I say.

" I can afford it for my favorite niece," she says.

" I'm your only niece." I run to her and give her a huge hug. " thank you so much." 

" Bambina." Rossi calls me over and hands me an envelope, and whispers into my ear, " don't open this in front of your mother." I giggle and hug him. " Grazie," I say back to him.

" you've been learning you're Italian!" he says, giving me another hug.

Reid raises his hand, " can I go next," he walks quickly to a box and hands it to me. " we were talking about it, and I thought it would be a good present."

" no way." I rip it open—floral, bob ross acrylic paint. My jaw remains ajar for a while until Reid snaps me back into reality " you ok?" he says; I slowly turn to him and hug him. he leaves his arms open for a while until he finally accepts my hug.

" yea, I'm ok," I say before de-latching myself off of him.  I see Emily mouth the words thank you to him.

"I guess I'm next." JJ brings a medium-sized box towards me. "open it." I rip it open to reveal a vinyl player and a few vinyl tracks. " thank you so much, JJ." I lean for a hug, but her phone rings and she steps out. Well, that wasn't very comfortable, I think to myself. 

" ok, ok. Lemme show yall a real present." morgan brings another envelope. " come on, open it."  he hands it to me.

During, this time JJ also pulls Hotch out. I already knew what this meant; they had a case. But, I still open the envelope. two tickets to a one-direction concert. " no-way!" I jump in excitement.     " no-way,no-way!" I continue to jump up and down.  " I told you, guys," Derek says with a voice full of laughter. I run and practically tackle him into a hug. " I knew you would like it," he says; I'm at a loss for words, so I nod, then Hotch and JJ come back in. JJ whispers into Emily's ear, and then Hotch taps my back.

" I'm not leaving until you open this," he says, handing me a small box. I quickly open it, not to waste any time. It was an FBI ID card, with my name and everything. " is this real?" I ask, clipping it onto my shirt.

" Yes, this just gives you clearance to enter the building anytime you please without going through the long wait." I hug him, and he quickly gives it back. Ahh- I love how awkward Hotch is.

" if that's all, I didn't want to cut this day short but, we have a case."  everybody lets out a sigh and begins to back up their stuff, and then everybody lets out their last wave of " goodbyes" and "happy birthdays," I reply and let everybody out.

" your present is coming when I come back, ok!" Mom says, bopping my nose. running into her room to get herself ready. " you go straight to dance practice, you hear me?"

" yes, mom," I say, putting my leotard on. " then, I'll come back, and I and beth will go to the mall."

" Good," she comes into my room. " you're getting thinner?" she says, kissing me on the head.

" yea, dance is a workout," I say, forcing my laugh. Finally, I hop into my joggers and put my jacket on.

" ok, remember your beautiful and happy birthday," she says, running out the door. I don't mind responding. She's probably already in her car by this time.