part thirty-three

— emily's pov
they comforted me for about an hour until Derek just left Emily and me; we laid down side by side, looking up at the ceiling.

" Tell me about them." she lets out; I sniffle my nose and look at her.

" It was like I knew them forever, but we just meant. But, for a moment, I saw a future with them. happy and blessed." My voice cracks with the tears letting out.

" they seemed like someone worth knowing." she strikes my hair, and we just lay there.

I wanted to know them.

it was about 7 am; I had school. We both knew that, but we didn't move. It seemed like Emily was going through something too. I need to get up.

I wake up, and everything goes dark; my legs give out.

— emily's pov
I hear her drop on the floor, " Jessie!" I yell. Shaking her, but she's out. I scream for Derek, and he rushes in immediately.

" call 911!" I see my teardrops fall on her; I pick her up and carry her on the couch. Come on, baby, wake up! Come on! I touch her, but she's. Still, she still has a pulse but nothing else.

Derek comes to her aid and picks her up. He was taking her to the hospital. I run and get extra clothes and hygiene stuff. Did she overdose?

Derek puts her on the back, and I sit with her. he puts on the sirens and rushes to the hospital!
" come on, Jessie, stay with me!" He yells, he driving crazily but it works, I could see the hospital. " how is she?!" he called.

" she- she's stable, but she's not moving!" I cry and bring her head to my chest. I could hear him dialling a number.

" GARCIA, TELL SIBLEY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, WE HAVE AN UNCONSCIOUS 14 YEAR OLD; TELL THEM TO BE AT THE GATE!" he hangs up, and we make a sharp turn to the entrance.

Please don't give up on me! I could see gateways opening; medical professionals were coming to the car. I get out and bring Jessie out.

They put her on a gurney, and I just breakdown, Derek catches me, but I fall. What's happening. I see other black SUVs pulling up. Coming out was the rest of the team. I can't leave her; I can't leave Jessie. I run after her.

They stop me at the surgical unit, " sorry, ma'am." they close the door and leave me there to wait.
I just stand there in shock until I feel JJ sit me down.
I cry into my hands, still in work clothes.

I pull myself together, and I turn towards them. " what's happened?!" Garcia yells as she sees me pick my head up.

" I- I don't know, she was crying, then we were comforting. Then, we just sat there for a while. t-thinking and talking. Then she woke up and collapsed." those words bring tears into my eyes.

I could see the whole team, red bloodshot eyes. I see a nurse coming out, and I run towards her.

" She's fine and stable, your so lucky. It happened when it did." she smiles and pauses.

"w-what happened??" Penelope yells; her glasses were fogged up.

"haemorrhaging and electrolyte imbalance with starvation. she could've died."

"haemorrhaging how?" Rossi adds.

" We don't know, she looks fine, and that's all that matter; we've moved her to room #23." Derek thanks her, and I run to find room #23.

Why were there so many rooms? Finally, finding it, I stop. I could see her; hooked up to an iv, feeding tube in her nostril. I covered my hand with my mouth. I walked inside and let it all out on her lap. I cried.

I don't want to lose you. I could hear the team walk back into the waiting room.

I sat there for hours; she moved here and there but nothing as if she was waking up. I kiss her hand.

" taflay alsaghir aljamil , la tutrakani abdana." I say under my breathe with a grunt. I hear her say something.

" ln atarakak bimufridik," she says under her breathe; I let out a breath of relief.

— emily's pov
I slowly start to blink my eyes open. I can see Emily and Derek standing over me, rubbing my eyes.
" what happened?"

Emily looked like she was about to lose it; she was holding so much pain. I let a few tears go. " you passed out; doctors said you lost a lot of blood." my heart drops; did they know?

" how?" I say, it sounded more like a whimper.

"I don't know! It's doesn't matter, your here!" she gives me another hug before Derek comes and sits on the bed.

" is there anything you want to tell us?" I viciously shake my head. nothing mattered. " why are you still starving yourself?"

Why couldn't we just dwell on the sad moment? I look at him.

" I don't know." this doesn't matter, not as much.