part forty

— jessie's pov
three days until birthday

they told me that I was healthy and recovered today. It ripped me apart. When I sat down, there was rolls and rolls. What's the point of staying alive, especially in a body like this.

I was picking my food; I'll take a few bites.
Maybe more.

Scoop after scoop, I felt all the weight adding on, push the voices aside for now.

Another bite

then another

then another

stop.

A voice tells me I was done. I had finished 3/4 that was good enough.  I place my dish in the sink and put on my shoes.

Clara had invited me to Jade's birthday party, but I need to buy some stuff first. I was finally allowed to go outside by myself. It felt like freedom.

The wind hits my faces, and the familiar smell of pine slaps my nose. I had to go to the mini-mart to buy some snacks for them.

It was a short walk, and I swing the door open. The ding bell was all too familiar.

" snacks, snacks, snacks," I repeat to myself. They had changed the aisles since the last time I've been here.

" do you need some assistance, ma'am?" I turn around to see a guy, probably a little older than me. I took my back for a second.

" um, yes, sorry." I let out a small laugh. " do you know where the snacks are?" he nods and guides me to aisle #7 with chips and cereal, and juice.

fat

sodium

grease

" thank you," I look for his name card, but it wasn't on his chest.

" James." I smile,

" thank you, James." I walk towards the big bag of Doritos cool ranch.

" I never got your name." He yells, what was going on? Why is he so worried about my name.

" it's Jessie! I yell whilst getting a bag of Doritos. I turn around, and he was still standing there, acting like he was adjusting a shelf.

He was pretty cute; blonde hair, blue eyes, and a pearly white smile.
Gosh, he was cute.

He was blocking the juice; I clear my throat, pointing to the cranberry juice. He smiles and moves out the way, and leave. I probably got the hint.

— Emily's pov
I walk call everybody into the round-table room. Breathe, breathe. Just say it.

" We don't have a case," I could see Garcia fumbling with her computers and phone.

" is something wrong?" JJ says, looking at both me and hotch.

Just come out and say it. I look at each of them, faces that grew on me. They weren't the same faces I knew before. They were changing. But it's ok.  Just say it.

The pause was too long. I couldn't find the words. Hotch looks at me, which snaps me out of the trance.

" I'm leaving the team." Derek and Hotch already knew, but everybody else looked shocked. I didn't know how to explain it. Those were the words I had left, and hotch knew that.

" she got an offer up at Interpol." I nod,

" in Europe?" Garcia's says I nod again. " what why?" Hotch looks at Garcia. Indicating her to control herself.