ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"We should give them a minute." Abby and Clarke moved to the side and had their own conversation, letting Emori and Murphy talk. Or calm down at least.

Ellie slowly stood up with her head hung, brushing her palms together anxiously. She was barely inches away from Emori and Murphy but was still earshot.

"Look at me. Talk to me." Emori begged, cupping the side of his face. "El was onto something," Murphy caught the redhead's attention, "And I'm pretty sure I'm going to hell."

"John..."

With the crawling flesh, Murphy felt, that's when Ellie was pretty sure he was telling the truth. And she may or may not have tried convincing him hell was a real place but it's not like she was for real...
"Good thing the devil and I get along just fine."

Ellie sighed and walked far away from the two over to Jordan who looked bored out of his mind. Slumping down in the seat next to the boy, Ellie huffed, turning her head towards him, propping up her chin with her elbow on the table, with another sweet sickly smile. Awkwardly Jordan slowly met her gaze, giving her a hesitant sly smile, showing his teeth.

Monty would've loved for them to be friends, well that was what Ellie thought. The redhead wanted to be friends with the boy, he reminded her a little of Monty And Harper mixed together; Smart like his father and kind like his mother. Plus Jordan seemed fun to hang out with.

"I have an idea..." Jordan furrowed his brows at Ellie's lilted voice. "Well more for you than me but I know you want to get out of here and I wanna help." The girl explained with a one-sided shoulder shrug.

"Surprised you're actually talking to me..." He scrunched his face, confusingly. Ellie raised her brows giving him the 'do want my help or not' look. "Okay fine. But one question, How are you going to do that?"

Ellie smirked and slid out of her chair as Jordan hesitantly started following the redhead. Making sure no one noticed the duo, Ellie led Jordan to a side door in the back and wiggled the doorknob. Pulling the door open as quietly as she could, Jordan and Ellie walked outside taking in the fresh air.

Knowing that Delilah would be out there, Ellie nudged the boy next to her and motions towards the stairs. Jordan darted towards them, walking up the path. The redhead slowly trailed behind but ducked down so Delilah didn't see her.

Ellie pressed her lips together, seeing Delilah doing weird movements that went by slowly as she did them flawlessly.

"Pretty sure you were supposed to stay inside," Delilah spoke, catching Jordan and Ellie off guard seeing her back facing them. She didn't even have to look behind her to know who was there.

Jordan sighed and continued waking up the stairs. "Right. Sorry. It's just—" "I'm kidding." 

"The primes want you isolated from us. We're not supposed to answer or ask any questions."  Informed Delilah. Ellie scoffed at the words that left the girl's mouth.

"Why not?"

"That's a question." Delilah grinned as did Jordan but with a softer expression.
"They chose us because of our tavern and on account of the fact that tomorrow I become one of them."

Ellie drummed her fingers on the stair steps tuning out the conversation between the two above her. The green-eyed girl wondered when she was going to see Madi again. It didn't seem like it but she missed the girl. A lot. She wondered if they ever think about each other at the same time. All she knew was Bellamy and the rest of the group needed to hurry their asses and bring her girl back.

"—naming day. I become Priya the seventh. Hallowed be her name." Delilah's voice flooded back to Ellie's ears.

'Hallowed be her name' what the hell does that mean? The whole thing was confusing her; Priya the seventh confused her, the outfits the people there wore, the shrines, even the food made the redhead baffled.