𝟐𝟑-𝐫𝐞𝐝

A/N

⚠️This chapter is the end of the Hero Killer arc and these warnings! If you are in any shape or form uncomfortable or triggered by slight swearing and or self-harm, please skip the first six to seven paragraphs of this chapter. I will be adding a duck border to say when it will be okay to read through.⚠️

_________________________________________________________

Chitsume cried. He cried and he cried. He screamed as his pain flooded out of his tiny fragile weak body, him not being able to take it anymore. Knowing nobody would answer, he still asked,

"..Did you know this was going to happen..? Is that why you asked me that question..?"

The sounds of his wails and cries ringing through the city of Hosu, piercing the hearts of anyone that heard him. The heavens pitying the boy just the same as the once clear skies turned dark and cried along with him.

Chitsume hugged his body tight as he continued to cry on the roof. Looking down, he sees his arms. It was their usual human skin, though covered in white bandages.

His crying ceased that once second before coming back louder, he gripped his hands scratching them over and over, blood spilling out from his scratches. He scratched, and he scratched, over and over and over again. The liquid staining their white bandages in red.

[~🦆~🦆~]

As he was about to scratch again, hands held his. Pulled into a hug, he thrashed and struggled, trying to get out of their grasp.

"L-Let me go—!"

But it was in vain as no matter how hard they punch, kick, or bite, they didn't budge. They just continued holding Chitsume.

His tiredness catching up to the boy, he slowly became more passive as they fell limp in the person's embrace. They were a stranger, and yet... they felt so familiar.

Their broad bodies fully shielding Chitsume from the rain, strong hands on his back, comforting him, and their scent that smelled of fresh Lillies. It felt so comfortable and peaceful. So... nice.

Their consciousness slowly slipping away Chitsume finally looks up, it was a blur and wasn't that clear, but Chitsume was able to see one thing.

Those bright red eyes...

It was cold. The first and only thing that Chitsume noticed. His skin freezing, his breath becoming a visible fog.

He groggily sat up as he looked down at his scarred arms. He cursed under his breath as he whispered, "...I'm so f*cking pathetic.." Tears all dried, nothing spilled out.