𝟎𝟏-𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦

_________________________________________________________

Chitsume finally arrived at UA and was able to somehow find his way as he found an empty seat. On the outside, he looks extremely calm, but really, he was in full-on panic mode. His hands were even trembling but he was able to hide it with the sleeves of his pink sweater. 

As Present Mic was explaining how the exam entrance would work, Chitsume listened carefully to every detail. He had noticed the difference between the robots said and the one on the paper but said nothing, too nervous to raise his hand and attract attention. But luckily for him, someone else had the same question he did and asked it for him which he was thankful for.

He was in battle center A and he was now stretching and preparing himself for the test. Though he was quite a scaredy-cat in every other situation, he becomes quite different when it comes to certain things, this was one of those things.

He was getting ready as the skin on his hands became white scales, horns growing out of his head, and two wings growing out of his back, ripping his sweater and shirt.

As he heard the word start he immediately flew towards some 2 pointer robots and dive in their direction as he readied to claw out their wires. Though Chitsume's quirk was quite the versatile quirk, it still is quite connected to Chitsume himself and well, he has little to no physical strength. He just has a naturally smaller body and with his habit of not eating much food, he is quite weak. 

He then continues with his scope-and-dive strategy for a while getting him a respectable 43 points. At this point, he was getting quite hot, his body starting to overheat a bit so he then decides to just run to stop his body from getting heatstroke.

He then felt rumbling and screaming, lots of it. He looks at where it was coming from and he sees it, the zero pointer robot. It was much bigger than he had expected causing all the adrenaline and confidence he had before to shrink away inside him.

"That's really big and scary, and dangerous. I should probably run away, yeah that sounds really smart right about now." He says to himself.

But because of his use of his quirks earlier, he had become slower, and as he runs, the zero pointer not too far behind, he had now gone into full-on panic mode as he tries to run away faster but which only caused him to trip.

"I'm going to die." He says as he accepts his fate and makes no effort to move out of the way or stop himself from falling.

But instead of feeling the hard cold feel of soil, he instead felt something scaly wrap around his waist stopping him from falling.

"..Huh?" He says confused why he didn't fall. He then felt the scaly body growing as he was on top of it as they flew through the air.

"Now, what the hell was that? You looked extremely stupid and would've died if not for me. Be grateful." He hears the familiar voice scold him,

He then felt his feet touch the ground as the scaly body decreases in size too.

But before he could retort back, a horn rang in the battle center as people started to pour out of the said center, Chitsume then let them off until later to answer back.

He then went to find Recovery Girl to ask for some ice to help with his overheating after changing into new clothes, ones that weren't sweaty or ripped. After he got his ice he then immediately went back to his apartment as he falls into his bed, extremely hot and tired. His muscles were aching all over so he didn't bother eating anything as he instantly fell asleep.

1 Week later

"I failed." He says as he dejectedly on his couch, Excitement beside him.

"𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘂𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗼𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱." They said as both of them just accept the fact that Chitsume failed.

"You'd think that such a prestigious school would at least have the decency to send a letter.." He says honestly disappointed, but not surprised.

"I knew I was going to fail but this still hurts." He says sadly.

"𝗘𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀. 𝗜 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁? 𝗪𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗲𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴?" Excitement laughs remembering it.

"He—!" But before he could finish the sound of his doorbell cut him off.

"...I'll get it." He says as he decides to let Excitement off the hook, for now.

Chitsume then walks to his door to find a letter, "A letter? What's this from..?" He says as he then moves closer to grab the said letter. Then he sees it, the UA seal.

"What's that letter for?" The white dragon says flying closer taking a look at the letter Chitsume was holding.

"It's from UA. I think it's about my results in the entrance exam." He says as he shows the seal to the dragon.

"Ain't it a bit too late to send a letter..? It's literally been a week. How irresponsible are they?" They deadpan.

"H-Hey don't say it like that!" Chitsume says.

"You aren't denying it. We both know it." They reply.

Chitsume didn't say anything as he did think it was pretty irresponsible.

"I'll just open it now." He says changing the subject.

When he opened the letter what he saw was a..disk? But before they could say anything a hologram appeared coming from the disk.

The hologram was one of All Might the number one hero. It sure surprised them to see All Might of all people to be giving exam results but what they heard right after surprised them even more, Chitsume passed. He had gotten 43 points giving him a pass.

"I-I passed..." He says, the info still not being fully processed in his mind.

"YOU PASSED!" Excitement shouts as he 'hugs' the boy with his tiny T-rex arms.

"I PASSED!" He repeats as it finally processed in his mind as he cried tears of joy as he returned the hug.

"And I'm in class 1A too! I-I—" He pauses for a bit before continuing. "AHH! I  ACTUALLY FLUFFING PASSED!  Me of all people— " But before he could start thinking negatively Excitement slaps him in the face with his tail.

"You passed fair and square! So don't even think for a second that you don't you negative panic child!" They shout.

"Did you really need to slap me? And what do you mean 'negative panic child'?! You are literally my emotion meaning we are the same age!" He shouts back as he holds the cheek they slapped.

"It means exactly how it sounds and even if we are technically the same age, I am more emotionally older, child" He replied.

"Can you not call me a child? It's creeping me out..." He says rubbing his arms. 

"No, I will not, child.

"Agh! Stop it!" He exclaims as they both go back and forth until they both decided to stop and sleep, they were both going to need all the energy they can get even if Excitement isn't really going to need it but still.

They both slept peacefully beside one another, each other's presence giving comfort as their energy were being refilled for the many many days to come.