𝟏𝟒-𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭

___________________________________________________________

"All this thinking is making my head hurt... gah..." Chitsume says as he massaged his temples.

He had just finished his nuggets and was entering the stadium along with the other students. After he went in he had immediately noticed his classmates. The girls were wearing cheerleader outfits for some reason.

"MINETA!! KAMINARI!! YOU TRICKED US DIDN'T YOU?!" Chitsume heard one of his classmates scream.

They all looked quite dejected, disgusted, or both so Chitsume decided to try to cheer them up.
"U-Uhm, I think you guys look really good in them! So maybe even if you were tricked into wearing them, you shouldn't be all sad! W-well that's just what I think!" Chitsume says to the girls giving them a  closed-eyed smile.

Though unnoticed by the boy himself, it looked as if flowers bloomed around him. Blushes all had bloomed on the girl's faces, earning Chitsume some jealous gazes when the girls started to hug and gush over him.

"Isn't it fine, isn't it?! C'mon, let's have a go!! Even Hiroshima said we looked good, so let's go!!" Hagakure says, swinging her pom-poms excitedly.

"Y'know what? Let's just go!" Mina says while she was hugging the very red Chitsume.

Some of the girls ended up following Hagakure's example and just accepted it. They all cheered and cheered while Chitsume kept on giving them compliments, not noticing the gazes that followed his figure.

He had a lot of fun talking to the girls and even had made some new friends. The more they talked, the more comfortable he felt. At one point, Chitsume was sincerely laughing and smiling such a wide smile so dazzling it'd make you blind.

They had settled down after a while once Present Mic's voice boomed in the stadium once again.

"All right, everyone, compete your hearts out, recreation! And after that, it's the final event! From 4 teams, 16 individuals have made it through! It's a tournament!! We're pitting them against each other in one-on-one combat!!"

As his voice had announced the final event, Chitsume had felt his blood go cold. I mean fighting robots was one thing, but humans??? Not to mention he already had a hard time with the robots so how in the world could he fight a human being with an actual brain?! I mean he'd lose right—

"Me... please excuse me! I...I don't want to participate." A voice says snapping Chitsume back into reality.

When he looked over he saw it was Ojirou. He was as confused as everyone else until he mentioned the cavalry battle. He knew exactly what he had meant and his blood had gone cold yet again. 

"I-I—"

"Now that I have a quirk I can protect you and daddy now, right? I can scare all the bad guys away and we can all live happily!" 

"That's so thoughtful, honey! I'm so glad to have such a strong person in my family. I know Daichi would think the same too when he gets here! 

"Hehe!"

A memory that happened right before the tragedy, a memory that should've been buried deep inside his brain, forgotten and never thought about again. 

"No... I have to do this... I can't quit now... If not for myself, then at least for my younger self's dream. I got to do this.." He thought, clenching his fists.

Albeit not for the happiest of reasons, Chitsume had not withdrawn. Now with a new purpose, Chitsume ignored his prickling consciousness, swallowing it and keeping it deep inside his heart. He couldn't falter, not now.

His eyes had dulled as his ears turned deaf. Everything just sounded like muffled noises to Chitsume, all he heard right now was his inner voice telling himself over and over not to disappoint them. He actually has a purpose to fill this time, he's got to do it right. He had to.

As Chitsume became quiet, it had not gone by unnoticed. 

"Hey, Hiroshima you good?" A voice says, snapping him out of his second zone out session today.

"H-Huh? O-Oh Ashido! What is it?"

"It looks like we're going up against each other, huh? You better not go easy on me, 'kay?" She says, smiling cheekily.

"Of course!" He replies, giving a smile back.

"So anyway, can I call you Chitsume? You can call me Mina if you want to!" Mina says, giving another grin.

"O-Of course! If you'd be okay with it.." Chitsume mutters, trying to hide his flushing cheeks.

"Aww! You're so cute, Chitsume!" Mina said, hugging the boy, making his blush grow darker.

The two had then walked back to the waiting room together, smiling while they talked.

"..Thank you.." Chitsume says out of nowhere, making Mina look at him confused.

"Huh? What'd you say? I couldn't hear you." She says.

"O-Oh it was nothing, just ignore it! I'll get going now, bye Mina!" He said before quickly running off somewhere.

Without her knowing — or maybe actually knowing — she had made Chitsume get into a much better mood. With a small blush still dusted on his face, he had gotten the drink he bought from the vending machine. It was tea to help with his nervousness. Though still feeling better, he hadn't forgotten the fact that this was a competition. No matter how much people comforted or made him feel better, nothing would make him forget that.

As Chitsume opened the can of tea, he had chanted "I can do this.. I got to do this.." in his head over and over as he sipped on the tea. After finishing the can he started to think of some strategies he could do against his fight against Ashi— Mina. He had thought about how she fought, how he fought, which emotions to use, and so on and so forth. 

After going over his plan one more time in his head, he had stood up from the bench he once sat on as he chanted this one last time as he slapped his cheeks—

"I can do this."