𝟏𝟖-𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

___________________________________________________________

Everyone's breath hitched as they waited for the dust to clear out, for their winner to be announced. As it finally did, it revealed an out-of-bounds Midoriya and a standing Todoroki with his half-burned-off shirt.

Todoroki then was announced as their winner and that he'll be going to the semi-finals as Midoriya was taken away by medical robots.

Some of his classmates had gone to visit the injured boy as they were quite worried. Chitsume too was worried but he just really didn't want to see him right now.  His match was getting closer and closer and he really was out of it.

He watched the fight against Ibara and Iida, their figures just barely processing in his mind. As he heard the match finally finish and it was finally time for his, his mind had already become straight up fuzz at this point.

As quickly as the match had started, it was already done. The cheers and screams of everyone finally snapping him back to reality as he walked in the hallways.

"..What happened..?" Chitsume asks himself, looking down at his hands.

A glimpse of purple catches his eyes, causing the boy to look up, seeing him.

The purple head winces as he sees the boy's face, his eyes being the most concerning to him. Slowly, he brings Chitsume in his embrace, holding him in his arms. Chitsume flinches, the physical contact confusing him.

"..Shinso..?" He mutters, his voice quiet and uncertain.

"It's all alright," Shinso says out of nowhere.

Chitsume now, really unsure looks up seeing Shinso's eyes. It was so genuine and sincere, he wasn't sure what to reply. So he just stood there, just staring in silence. 

"You cheered for me. You told me I was amazing even after I lost, after what I did to you... Thank you... and I'm sorry. Even if you won't ever want to talk to me again or if you want to hit me, that's fine. Just let me do this for you, you can think of it as me returning the favor if it makes you feel better." Shinso says, breaking the silence. He held the boy tighter in his arms as Chitsume slightly trembled.

It had finally hit him now. He lost, miserably. He doesn't even remember what happened. His pity for the others now directed at him. It was kind of like karma in a way. His eyes watered, his vision becoming blurry as he had returned the hug back.

He held Shinso tightly, sobbing in his chest. Shinso kept quiet the whole time, letting him cry. It was silent, only sobs and whimpers echoing in the hallway. Chitsume felt so childish crying over the loss that he deserved in full, but he couldn't help it.