𝟏𝟐-𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

___________________________________________________________

As Chitsume heard the word "START" ring in his ears, he immediately transformed his body into water as he traveled through the stampede of people with relative ease. He kept an eye on most of his classmates and other batchmates— eyes following one dual-haired boy in particular.  If he were to use his quirk like in the Battle Trial when he was in this form, he was as good as dead meat.

Like he had expected he had turned the narrow pathway to ice, freezing many students on the way. Chitsume quickly transformed into Excitement as he found a place where his wings could spread. The fabric of his PE uniform rips as his white wings escape the fabric cage they were in. 

He had taken flight albeit slightly unstable. He had just recently learned how to fly, it was still a relatively new thing for him.

"Are your wings just for show, Chi? Fly." 

"F-Fly? I don't know how to! I can't just fly even if I have wings."

"I said, fly. Or do you want to play a game of tag?"

"W-wait a second—"

"Tag it is."

"Please have mercy on me—!"

Just remembering the experience had given the boy chills. Adonis kept his word and kept on chasing Chitsume even when he did eventually fly. He even chased him in the air with his own wings, it was terrifying. He wasn't able to fly that high as of yet but he could at least fly a few meters above the ground. He was planning to fly the whole time until he heard the boisterous voice of Present Mic.

"Here comes the obstacles, and so suddenly!!! And from the very outset— the first barrier will be a Robo Inferno!!"

Many of the people had remembered the robots from the entrance exam. There were multiple zero pointers instead of just one though, to the dismay of everyone. Chitsume too remembered them and a feeling crept up inside his heart— fear.

He had almost gotten seriously injured from one zero pointer so seeing so many in front of him had made him falter. As many of the students let out their worries and surprise vocally, Todoroki had made his move. 

He froze the zero pointer with ease, running through under them and taking the lead. As some had rejoiced, it was short-lived as the robot fell down and crashed, crushing some students along the way. 

Chitsume, finally snapping out of his trance put a hand to his heart to calm himself down. 

"This isn't the time to be scared. I have to do something.." He thought to himself as he looked at his surroundings. He then transformed back to water as he progressed through the field, incapacitating the robots in his way with the water. He had heard that two students that were supposedly crushed were okay which gave Chitsume relief. It would've been terrifying for a student to die during a Sports Festival.

His pace hadn't slowed down though as he broke robot to robot down, quickly passing them. His temperature had started to drop by now though he ignored it as he progressed through. He couldn't hesitate now or anytime, he doesn't have the time to. Especially if he wanted to become a good hero, so he put behind him his anxieties and worries for now as he focused on the task on hand.

At last, he and many others had reached the second obstacle as Present Mic's voice boomed again in the course.

"Well then — missy, if the first barrier was a cinch, then whaddya think of the second?! You fall, and you're out!! If you don't like that idea, maybe you can crawl!! It's... THE FALL!!!!"

While many hesitated, people like Tsu and a pink-haired girl from the support course didn't. Many people from his class had already started treading the tight ropes with Todoroki still in the lead with Bakugou not too far off. 

"I can't fall behind!" He thinks as his wings again resurface. 

He had started to fly above the tightropes and used this as a chance to warm himself a bit more. When he had heard that Todoroki had already reached the next obstacle, he started to pick up the pace. When he heard it was a minefield, he felt relieved but still didn't lower his guard.

"Just because I can fly doesn't mean I can relax!!"

He was nearing the end of the tightropes and could see the explosions in the distance. As he reached the last obstacle he had been careful to avoid most people as he flew above the mines. In his flight through the air, he had gotten a glimpse of Deku collecting bombs? Chitsume carried on with his trek through the minefield slightly confused before it clicked. 

"Wait don't tell me—!" He says as a giant explosion cuts him off. Deku was riding a piece of a robot as he got to the middle of the field, overtaking Bakugou and Todoroki. This had caused Chitsume to look back from surprise as he made a stop. 

"He actually did..What the fluff?!" He thinks as he continued flying as he caught up with the pace. He didn't know if he was supposed to be bewildered, impressed, or what. He was a mix of everything at the time.

He started then to fly closer to the ground as he flew even faster. Chitsume wasn't all that competitive most of the times, only at certain moments did he feel that feeling— right now being one of them. 

Chitsume had then finally reached the end along with many others. He had quickly put his foot to the ground as he caught his breath. He was staring at the boy who had gotten first, Izuku Midoriya.

The boy that he once pitted and empathized with is now a boy who had gotten first, beating the two strongest people in his class. He felt proud of the boy but his conscience was pricking at him too.

Chitsume looked at his soft smooth palm, no callouses or bruises to be seen at all. He winces his eyes as he closed his hand, turning it into a fist. 

He transformed back as an unknown feeling crept in his heart, pricking and stabbing him all over.

"Deku has already grown so much.." He thinks as his nails dug into his hands, staining his palm red.

Chitsume looks up to the sky watching the clouds go by. His breathing still slightly labored as he says,

"I still have so much to learn, huh..?"