3 :: Jealous? Me? Nah! ::

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Jisoo asked me after seeing me standing at her doorsteps at nearly midnight.

I gave her an awkward smile and waved at her. "Hey, could you possibly let me stay the night?"

"Yeah, of course, come in." She gestured for me to come in.

"Who is it, jisoo? Oh, y/n dear, your mum called a few minutes ago asking if you were here. Is everything alright?" Jisoo's mum came over to me and turned my cheeks to make sure I was fine.

"Y-Yeah, I am fine."

"Holy cricket, y/n, your mum sounded worried. I will call her to let her know that you are here!" She smiled. "She can come and pick you up after that."

"No," I said faster than the speed of light. She looked at as if I had gone mad.

"Please, I don't wanna talk to her right now, I'd appreciate it if you could let me stay the night." I said. Jisoo's mum looked at me and gave me a sympathetic look. She looked tempted to ask me as to what had happened but it seemed like she didn't want to push me.

She smiled at me and said, "Alright, (y/n) you can stay the night but I still need to tell your mum that you are here, she must be worried."

I nodded at her.

"Jisoo, give y/n your clothes so that she can change." Her mum said before she went away to call my mum.

"Come on," Jisoo said to me.

*

After changing into Jisoo's clothes, I sat on her bed and looked at her. She mirrored my expression and looked back at me curiously as though I was a creature from outer space and she was trying to figure which planet I was from.

"What happened, y/n/n?" She finally asked.

"Um, I don't know from where to start, there is a lot on my mind lately." I told her as I fidger with the hem of my night dress.

"It is alright, do you maybe wanna talk about it?" She asked as she rubbed circles on my back.

If it had been anyone apart from jisoo, I'd not have told them, I'd have told them to mind their own businesses instead. But since this was jisoo and she was also one of my friends, I trusted her and I also knew that she'd know what to do next.

"Yeah," I mumbled and jisoo nodded.

"Take your time." Jisoo said.

This girl is patient. It is one of those things that I like about her and I admire her for. Her patience is what I aspire to have in my life the most.

I took a deep breath and started speaking.

"You see, My mum told me that we were going to this fancy arse restaurant but knowing me you'd probably know that I disagreed, but she wasn't having any of it, she dragged me there against my will, told me that I'd get to know those boys better. As if I'm interested in knowing them. So, we went to the restaurant and while we were eating the dessert he proposed my mum as in he asked her to marry him, he didn't even let me finish my ice cream first!! Asshole! Can you believe the audacity of that man?" I didn't even notice that I was shouting at this point. My build up anger was all coming out.

"Oh, (y/n), you don't want your mum to marry Mr. Kim, right?" She hugged me in order to calm me down a little.

"No, it is not like that!" I said.

"Then what is it like?" She asked.

There was a moment of silence between us before I answered.

"I don't....know?" I said But it came out like a question. I mean yeah I don't want this marriage but I also want my mum to be happy and she is happy with Mr. Kim. Why can't they just go on dating instead of bloody marrying each other?

"(Y/n), are you sure you aren't jealous?" Jisoo chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I snapped at her. "Why would I be jealous, care to elaborate me, oh wise one!"

Jisoo shook her head and said, "I think you're jealous, jealous of that now you have to share your mum with your soon to be step brothers and Mr. Kim as well. Tell me weren't you furious when your mum told you about her boyfriend? That was because you were afraid that your mum wouldn't care about you anymore."

Well, maybe, I was furious when my told me about kim Haejin because I thought that she wouldn't spend time with me anymore, she rarely does because she is always caught up in her job and we only get a little time for bonding. I was afraid that, that little time would be spend with Mr. Kim instead of me. Maybe I was jealous but I'm not about to admit that in front of jisoo.

"Whatever, I'm not jealous, I just don't like them and all the food in the world couldn't get me to change that fact." I stated.

"Are you dead serious?"

"Yeah, I am." I said. "Anyway, what makes you think that I am not? I despise them with all my heart because---" but jisoo cut me off.

"---becausd now you have to share your mum with them!" She said and grinned at me. Is she messing about with me right now? Did I mention jisoo can be a bit stubborn sometimes.

"Whatever and I'm not jealous." I said as I crossed my hands across my chest.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

And then the bell to Jisoo's house rang indicating that someone was on the gate.

_____________