2 :: Jisoo's Place ::

We were eating dessert when Mr. Kim stood up and tapped his spoon on his glass to catch everyone's attention. It also caught the attention of a few people who were in the restaurant. He then, put the glass and spoon down.

"Eujin," he called out for my mum. He took a deep breath and continued.

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control---"

Hang on!! Don't let it be what I think it is going to be. Stop it, call the cops someone.

"You make me happier than I ever thought I could be and if you let me, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." He paused and took out a box from his pocket and kneeled down on a knee.

No, stop it someone. This can't be happening. My life will be ruined if this happens. I wanna cry. What the hell is this man doing? Wasn't it supposed to be a dinner? I want to Bang my head against this table.

"Look I guarantee there will be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I dont ask you to be mine, than I will regret it for the rest of my life." He opened the box. There was a blue sapphire surrounded by diamonds. That ring looked like it was worth more than my life.

"With this ring I give you my heart, I promise you from this day forward, you shall not walk alone. May my hear be your shelter and my arms be your home. So, will you, um-----"

No, I am already having a mental breakdown. And what the hell is wrong with your speech, man? It was too cringe. Mum, just say no and let's get outta here.

"--Marry me?" He finished.

My mum was staring at him as though she had seen a ghost. Her hands were on her mouth and it looked like she was going to cry.

"Y-yes, yes, I w-will," my mum sobbed and hugged Mr. Kim.

I was so furious I was about to yell at them but then I heard people clapping. Then I remembered than I couldn't make a scene here. I looked at the boys to see their reaction and they held the same unbothered face from earlier as though they knew that this was coming.

"M-Mum?!" I called out for my mum in a shanky voice but she was too happy to notice me. Tears brimmed my eyes, I wanted to cry so bad, but I held myself back.

I was just here for a dinner, I didn't expect the dinner to turn out like this. This was the last thing I wanted to happen. If I had known that this was coming, I'd have never come here. At that time, I did the sanest thing that I could think of, Neither I wanted to draw attention to myself nor I was in the mood of talking to my mum, because I knew if I did, I would only shout at her. I sneaked out of the hotel. Nobody noticed me sneaking out, although there was a little part inside me that wanted my mum to notice my absence.

I didn't have the car's key, so I started walking. It was not like I knew how to drive the car, anyway. So, even if I did have the car's key, it wouldn't be of any use.

Where should I go now? I don't have enough money to live in a hotel neither I am in a mood of seeing my mum, so my house isn't an option. She is probably too busy with her happy family now. That is when my phone started ringing.

Mum, the notification said. Oh, so now she has time to call me.

I declined the call, I just don't wanna talk to her, now. I know I have to face her at some point but I am not ready yet.

Mum, my phone's screen flashed again. Once again I declined the call.

That is when it hit me that I do have friends. Well, making friends didn't go in vain, I guess.

Jisoo.

Yeah, I'll go to her. She is the wisest out of all my friends. Pheraphs, she'll know what to do and her house isn't far away from where I am right now. It will take me about 15 minutes to reach there. Jisoo, it is then.

Where are you?! I have been trying to call you. Pick up your phone, young lady. My mum texted me.

She called me again. But I didn't pick up.

Y/n pick up. I won't talk to you if you don't, pick up!

pick up! Please

where are you?!

Is she trying to spam me or something? Well mum bad news for you because now I'm going to switch my phone off.

I switched my phone. No more calls from mum. Problem solved. As if. If only my life was that easy.

Only a few minutes more and then I will be at Jisoo's.

________________