The kiss

Luz P.O.V

we end up running home so we don't have to deal with anyone else, we get home winded Willow practically drags herself to the kitchen to get water Boscha falls over on the couch and Amity topples down on me. I catch my breath and can speak again "I'm sorry I had us run I just didn't want to deal with people" Amity wraps her arms around me and just stands there "It's fine if we didn't leave when we did it probably would have gotten worse and if we didn't book it she probably would have followed us so your good" Boscha answers me still laying down.

I tell my mom about what happened and Eda listened in not knowing what I was talking about but she tried to follow, after I finished telling them what happened I head to the living room and showed Boscha and Willow how to use the TV then I went upstairs and was greeted by Amity. "hey Amity what's up" she looks up and she's holding her flag along with her scroll "nothing really just scrolling through Penstagram" after that she looks down and stifles a laugh "what's so funny?" "come here and I'll show you" I walk over to see what she's giggling at and she shows me a picture of Viney taking a selfie on the back of Puddles with Emira holding on for dear life, me on the other hand busts out laughing I feel bad for Emira but it's also hysterical. Amity then dismisses her scroll and has a serious expression now "Luz I need to talk to you about something" I look at her seeing that she's getting nervous, I sit down on the bed next to her and I put my hand on hers to show her I'm there for her. Amity takes a deep breath and stares at her flag since she looks uncomfortable looking at me "Luz I want to talk to you about what happened at prom" she starts to shift and fidget her flag

I don't want to say anything and disturb her while she's in this state of mind, so I put my hand on her back and start rubbing her back so she knows I'm listening "L-luz I..." she starts to stutter now getting even more nervous. Amity just spaces out or more like is all of a sudden is really interested in the stitching on her flag and is messing with it "Amity.." me calling her name seemed to work because she looks like she's ready to speak again "Luz I'm s-sorry for kissing at prom..." she seems really upset over one little thing. I leave my hand on her back and turn towards her and put my hand under her chin and turn her head towards me seeing her eyes glassy and tears are falling I take my hand from under her chin and I put it on her cheek and wiping her tears "Amity you have nothing to apologize for" she leans into my touch and brings her hand up and puts it on mine.

Amity shuts her eyes while I'm wiping her tears, "Luz I would also like to tell you something else.." she says this while still leaning onto my hand and then opens her eyes and her face is red "Luz I-I..." "Amity you know you can tell me anything right I'm here to help" she looks at me smiles and finally says everything "LuzIlikeyouandit'sfineifyoudon'tlikemebackIjustwantendtoletyouknow!" she say's this so quick I barely catch what she says. I think I know what she says but I just want to clarify what she had said "what was that?" "I-I.." she swallow's hard before she talks again "I like you a lot and I have for awhile a-and not like friends but as in a crush..." I don't know what to say so I just look at her, Amity starts crying again and I figured that took a lot to say. I got up and grabbed a box of tissues and brought them over to her, Amity didn't even realize I had sat back down with the tissues from her crying so hard.

Boscha had come up looking like she was going to say something but quickly shuts her mouth when she notices Amity was crying, she ran over and kneeled down in front of her trying to calm her down to ask her what was going on. I think Amity realizes this because she brings her legs up to her chest and tucks her head down, me and Boscha walk out of my room so we could talk for a second and give Amity space "what happened?" Boscha says this concerned "I don't think I should say she may want it to be private" "oh okay that's fine I might ask her tomorrow or something" "what did you come up to tell/ask me?" "oh, yeah Willow fell asleep on the couch so I'm going to sleep down there with her and was wondering if you have a blanket we could use" I nod and grab her a blanket and say goodnight, I walk back into my room and Amity seems to stop crying and is just sniffling now.

She looks up at me when I walk back in "hey you okay?" she gives me a semi nod so I walk over and sit back down next to her "hey, it's okay do you need a hug?" she nods and puts her legs down, wraps her arms around me and buries her face in the crook of my neck. I rub her back again to help her calm down, Amity soon pull's back and wipes her eyes again she is shifting a little now and I remember how this started and feel bad for making her wait after she had calmed down. So, I put my hand on her cheek again to get her to look at me, and move closer to her and her face goes red instantly I wait for a second looking and waiting for a nod or consent to answer her question from earlier. I don't need her to say anything because her eyes say it all I lean in and kiss her, she soon melts into it and kisses back.