Prom night

Amity P.O.V

Boscha asked Willow to prom a couple of days ago so were all going dress shopping for tomorrow night, well me and Willow are looking for dresses Boscha is looking for a button up and Luz won't tell us what she's wearing. "Willow look a this one it has flowers on it do you like it?" Willow looks over at me and thinks while looking at it "I do like it but I'm going for something flashy-er" "trying to impress someone? And besides we could do them up with a little bit of magic" "hmm well if that's the case a plain green dress will do, you should get a seafoam one and put abomination patterns on it just make sure things won't get stuck to it" we both laugh at that remembering when Luz first snuck into Hexside and Willow made her look like an abomination "remember when you jumped on the table shaking and yelling at her trying to figure out who or what she was" "I remember it like it was yesterday" we both were laughing until Boscha calls us over "what do you want you idiot?" "I just wanted Willow's opinion on this" I walk off to find something to wear.

I'm looking for my size in the seafoam dresses when I hear someone talking and can't help listening in "well we need to find the human or they will fire us" I recognize those voices. I can't help but glance over and I can feel the blood drain from my face. Th-those are my parents guards I quickly look in the dresses grab one that will fit and speed walk to Willow and Boscha "guys we have to go now" they look at me with a confused look "why what's wrong?" "two of my parents guards are here we need to pay and leave now" they stop fooling around and gather their things and we go up, pay and leave as fast as possible. We get back to Luz's house pretty quickly we didn't tell Luz, Eda or Camila about who we saw because we didn't want to stress them "Hey were back!" Luz comes down the stairs "lemme see what you got!" "me and Willow have to go work on ours in the back and Willow can show you hers but I'm not breaking until tomorrow night" Luz just looks at me with a grumpy look pouting at me "come on Amity I wanna see it" she's whining at me by now all because she wants to see the dress now "no Luz you have to wait to see it" she just huffs and walks off admitting to defeat.

It's prom day and to keep Luz from looking at the dress in the middle of the night I death hexed it so when I walked down the stairs ready for school Luz was pouting on the couch "I thought you were kidding about me not being able to see it" "nope you won't see it until tonight" she sticks her tongue out at me and that just makes me laugh "Luz you really should give up Amity is good at keeping things hidden she doesn't break for anything I would know" Luz looks at Willow and just grumbles. We get to school and luckily everyone leaves us alone even Elley ever since Boscha snapped they treat us like normal people and it just looks like some are more interested in us then others and I'm honestly fine with it.

~~15 minuets until prom~~

I'm getting ready when Luz comes up to her room and knocks on the bathroom "hey Am's are you in there?" "yeah what's up?" she pauses for a minute and I hear rustling "okay so I'm debating on my outfit I wore to Grom or my otter onesie" "Luz didn't you get kicked out of prom for dressing like an otter" she goes quiet "okay Grom outfit it is thanks Am's!" dork, she's always so cute I wish I could actually tell her. I'm tightening my heals I got the other day when I hear a thump, I wrap a towel around myself leaving my dress in the bathroom "what are you idiots doing" I see Luz on the floor with Boscha under her and Willow sitting on Luz's bed "Boscha was trying to prove she could lift Luz. Luz did something stupid and Boscha stumbled and fell causing this." "Luz get up your going to mess up Boscha's outfit also why would you let them do this" "they wouldn't stop bugging me so I just gave up, so I can say I tried" this wasn't going anywhere so I went back into the bathroom to get my dress on. I look in the mirror at my dress seeing how the seafoam blends into the dark purple in abominations, I leave my hair down since I looks better for this down. I walk out of the bathroom and the three of them look up from what their doing.

"So, how dose it look?" "w-wow it looks amazing Amity.." Luz trails off staring at me which I will admit is making me a little flustered then it hits me, I wait until Luz leaves the room before I say anything "I'm a les-...lesb-.." Boscha and Willow are looking at me now "take your time" "Girls!" "there you go, you have to tell her Amity I mean your even taking her to prom" "I will just not yet I need to find the right moment so please let me handle it"

We make it to the school and go to the cafeteria were they have all the tables moved up against the walls lights off and colorful lights flashing all around along with up beat music playing "wow this is much different then Grom" "I mean yeah we don't really have a nightmare monster living under the schools" "haha very funny" I say back at her sarcastically we look to the food table to see that Boscha dragged Willow over there to grab something to eat. We both watch as Boscha takes a piece of pie with something white on it put's it on her finger and touches Willow's nose with it, Luz just starts laughing and we walk off and let them do their thing. I sit on a bench while Luz is at the food table getting us food, I still don't know much human food so I let her pick something out for me, she walks back over with something in her hands and arms "Luz let me help you with that your going to drop something" I grab the serving she got me and sat down with her "So, I got you strawberry punch, jello and a slice of pizza thought you'd like it" she smiles at me and we start eating.

Soon enough a song comes on and Luz starts tapping her foot and bobbing her head "you wanna go dance?" she looks up at me and nods we end up dancing to a few songs when Boscha walks up and mentions their taking pictures of everyone. So the four of us walk over and get a picture of all of us together then just me and Luz and just Willow and Boscha. A few more songs play then a slow one comes on, Boscha takes Willow to dance so I take my chance "L-luz" she looks up at me waiting for me to respond "m-may I have this dance" at this point my face is beat red and I put out my hand for her to take, she takes it and she walks me to the dance floor. Luz wraps her hands around my waist and I put mine on her shoulders, we stand there for a second before I see Boscha and Willow behind Luz giving me a thumbs up. Luz takes the lead like she's done this a thousand times Luz looks at me sweetly and I just shift my head down still looking at her blushing.

The song sounds like it's starting to end so I take this chance knowing I won't be brave enough to do this again I take a deep breath look up at her and pull myself closer to her, now Luz is looking at me I can feel my heart racing a mile a minute I can feel my face getting redder and my shoulders are getting warm my stomach has butterflies in it as I look at Luz. I can feel myself sweating and starting to lose all the confidence I've built up to do this at this very moment so I finally close my eyes and lean in the few seconds it takes feels like hours until I meet her, I feel Luz relaxing into the kiss. Everything else disappears all I can think about is Luz we pull away when the song ends and just stare at each other I feel like I'm getting lost in her eyes when the moment get's ruined "Amity duck!" Luz pushes me out of the way and get's hit on the side with what was launched and aimed at me I look down in a panic, seeing Luz's side bleeding Boscha and Willow rush over and I look up to lock eyes with the guards.