Telling The Parents (Hizzie)

Hope and Lizzie tell Alaric and Caroline they are dating. 

Hope and Lizzie are laying in Hope's bed, the tribrid's arms wrapped securely around the blonde. Lizzie's head is resting on her girlfriend's chest, listening to the auburn haired girl's heartbeat. It is late at night, and they are about to go to sleep.

"I want to tell them," Lizzie says suddenly, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Tell who what?" Hope asks.

"I want to tell my parents about us," Lizzie replies.

"Oh. Okay. We can tell them," Hope agrees nervously.

"Hey. They love you as my best friend, and they'll love you even more as my girlfriend," Lizzie assures her, leaning up to kiss the slightly older girl's lips briefly.

Hope nods, and snuggles closer to Lizzie. The blonde adjusts the blankets around them, and the pair fall asleep. Hope's last though before she sub-comes to sleep is that she hopes Lizzie is right.

****** 

The next morning, after getting dressed and grabbing some breakfast, the couple heads to Alaric's office. Hope takes a deep breathe and knocks on the door. Alaric opens it and smiles at the girls.

"Good morning, girls. How can I help you?" He asks.

"Hi dad. Hope and I wanted to talk to you and mom about something," Lizzie replies.

"Ok, sure thing. Does lunch work? We can all meet in my office," Alaric suggests.

"Sounds good," Hope nods.

"Alright. We will see you then. For now, off to class you two," Alaric orders.

"Yeah, yeah. We're going," Lizzie groans.

She and Hope head off to class. Lizzie is calm, knowing her parents will be more than supportive. Hope, on the other hand, is beyond nervous. Alaric is her mentor, and she's worried that he won't approve of her dating his daughter. She's less nervous about Caroline, knowing the blonde will be happy Lizzie has finally found someone. The tribrid is unable to concentrate on her classes all morning long. 

******

When lunch finally arrives, she and Lizzie meet by the siphoner's room. They head off together towards Alaric's office. Hope's heart beats in her chest nervously. Lizzie can sense the auburn haired girl is nervous, so she reaches over and squeezes her hand briefly before letting go. They reach the office, and find the door already open. Caroline looks up from where she is sitting on the sofa, and smiles as she sees her daughter and the tribrid. 

"Hi girls. Come on in," Caroline greets.

They girls enter and sit in the two empty chairs. Lizzie smiles at her mother. The older blonde returned with a cure for the merge a few months ago, and both Lizzie and her her twin sister, Josie, have loved having their mom around. 

"So your dad should be back with some lunch for us soon, and then we can talk," Caroline says.

"Okay. Sounds good," Lizzie nods.

Alaric soon comes back with sandwiches, small bags of chips, and some plastic water bottles. He sets everything on the rectangular coffee table and takes a seat besides Caroline on the couch. They all dig in, but Hope is too nervous to eat, so she just picks at her turkey sandwich, barely eating any of it. Lizzie notices and decides to tell her parents the news, knowing that the longer they put it off, the more anxious her girlfriend will become. She sets her sandwich down and clears her throat. 

"So, Hope and I need to tell you something," Lizzie announces.

"Alright, go for it," Caroline replies.

"We're dating. Hope's my girlfriend, and she makes me so happy. I'm happy," Lizzie confesses.

"Hope, Lizzie, We know," Alaric chuckles.

"What? How?" Hope asks, bewildered.

"It's pretty obvious. You too look at each other with, as Josie puts it, 'Heart eyes'," Caroline explains.

"Oh," Lizzie mumbles, "You're okay with it, then?"

"Of course we are, honey. I wouldn't want just anyone dating my daughter, but Hope, you are a perfect fit for her and treat her right, so I have no issues with it. You were like family before, but you're official part of the family now," Alaric nods. 

Hope smiles at her girlfriend's parents, and digs into her sandwich, her fears completely gone. Lizzie grins at Hope, happy that her parents approve of them. Even though she knew they would have no issues with her dating the tribrid, it is still like a weight has been lifted off her chest, and for that, the blonde is incredibly great full.