ER (Maya and Carina)

Maya ends up in the ER. Carina over reacts. Spoiler: Some hurt/comfort fluff  because Andrew died and I sad. 

"Carina!" Andrew calls to his sister as she exits a patient's room, having just delivered a healthy baby girl.

"Ciao Andrea," Carina greets, smiling at her younger brother.

"Something happened," Andrew says, his face showing his worry. 

"What is it?" Carina asks anxiously.

"It's Maya. She's in the ER. She has a nasty burn on her arm," Andrew explains.

That is all Carina needs to here before she is rushing towards the ER. The worst possible scenarios fill her head. Maya, her Maya, is hurt. Once she reaches the ER, she finds the firefighter quickly. Maya is laying in a bed, her arm bandaged up.

"Bella, what happened to you? Has someone been by to check you out?" Carina asks, taking Maya's good hand in hers.

"I'm alright, honey. It's just a burn. Incident at work. A nurse told me Dr. Avery should be by soon," Maya assures the Italian, squeezing her hand.

"Once you're all checked out, we are going home and you are going to stay in bed all day," Carina informs Maya.

"Baby, it's just a small burn. No need for bed rest," Maya protests.

Carina glares at the firefighter, which shuts her right up. Maya knows that she's going to end up spending all day in bed. At least she'll get to spend time with Carina. 

"Maya, Carina. What brings you here?" Jackson Avery asks, approaching the pair.

"Beam fell and hit my arm while I was putting out a fire," Maya explains.

"Ah. May I take a look?" Jackson replies.

"Go for it," Maya nods.

Jackson removes the bandage gently, revealing a minor second degree burn. Carina winces at the sight. She's a doctor, and is used to this kind of stuff, but seeing it on a stranger versus on her girlfriend is completely different. 

"Not too bad, second degree. Just put this ointment on it and change the bandage daily,"  Jackson instructs. 

"Got it," Maya replies.

Jackson puts ointment on the burn and wraps it in a clean bandage. He hands Maya the prescription ointment before sighing her discharge papers. Bidding the pair goodbye, he leaves to go check on another one of his patients. 

"Let's go home, bella," Carina says, helping Maya stand. 

"I'll be fine by myself, honey. You don't have to leave work," Maya assures the Italian.

"Nonsense. I only have half an hour left anyways. Jo can cover for me. I'm coming home with you," Carina replies, shaking her head.

The pair walk to the parking lot and hop into Carina's car. Carina drives them back to their house, holding Maya's good hand in hers the entire time, as if she is afraid if she let's go, the blonde fire captain will disappear. Once they arrive, they enter the medium sized house, kicking off their shoes.

"Let's change into something more comfy," Carina suggests.

They head to the bedroom and change out of their clothes. Carina dresses herself in some loose pajama pants and one of Maya's sleep shirts. When the Italian looks over at Maya to see if she is finished, she finds Maya's bandage stuck on the shirt she is trying to pull on.

"And you said you'd be fine by yourself," Carina tuts, freeing her girlfriend and pulling the shirt on all the way.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go to sleep I'm exhausted," Maya yawns. 

Carina chuckles, and the pair slide under the covers. Maya is asleep within minutes, her head resting on Carina's chest. Carina smiles down at her, kissing her forehead lovingly. 

"Goodnight, Maya. I love you," the Italian whispers.

Maya snuggles further into her, throwing an arm around Carina's waist. Carina falls asleep soon afterwards, knowing Maya is safe and sound in her arms.