Baking Disaster (Hizzie)

Hope is baking and Lizzie wants to help. Chaos ensues.

"Lizzie, I love you from the bottom of my heart, but I don't trust your baking. Stay out of my kitchen," Hope order, waving a whisk at the blonde.

"Technically it's the school's kitchen, and my dad's the headmaster, so you can't kick me out, Mikaelson," Lizzie retorts, sticking her tongue out at her girlfriend.

"Fine. You can help, but only if you follow my directions exactly," Hope sighs.

"Yay! What are we making, babe?" Lizzie asks, happy to spend time with her girlfriend.

"Cupcakes. Grab me two bowls, will you? They're too high for me to reach," Hope requests.

Lizzie chuckles, and heads to the cabinets. She grabs two medal bowls and passes them to Hope.

"Add the wet ingredients to one of the bowls. They are already pre-measured, so it should be easy," Hope instructs.

"I'm wounded. You have so little faith," Lizzie gaps jokingly, dumping the wet ingredients to a bowl.

The flour bag is still open on the counter, however, and Lizzie hits it with her elbow. The flour falls to the floor, and creates a huge mess.

"Elizabeth!" Hope scolds.

"Oops. We can just clean it up later," Lizzie shrugs.

"Fine. Add the dry ones to the other bowl," Hope sighs.

Lizzie does as asked, adding all the dry ingredients to the second bowl. She takes the whisk from Hope, and whisks them together violently. Flour splatters onto her and Hope's shirts, earning a groan from the auburn haired girl.

"Gentle, Liz, gentle," Hope corrects, placing her hand over Lizzie's to show her how to mix the dry ingredients.

Once they are mixed, Hope grabs a spoon to mix the wet. While Hope is distracted, Lizzie decides the cupcakes need more baking powder. Hope creates a well with the dry mixture.

"Pour the wet into the dry," Hope tells the blonde.

Lizzie takes the wet and dumps it into the well. Some of it splatters all over, a flick landing on Hope's check.

"Oops," Lizzie chuckles, reaching out to wipe the batter away.

"Go grab me two cupcake tins, will you?" Hope asks.

Lizzie nods, pecking Hope's check. She heads to the cabinets and grabs two cupcake tins and some spray. She places them on the counter and sprays the cooking spray into them.

"Hey, you actually did something right," Hope teases.

"Shut up, Mikaelson," Lizzie retorts.

Hope smirks, and pour the batter into the cupcake tins. She places them in the oven.

"Now we wait," Hope says.

While they wait, Hope spells the flour mess away. Suddenly, the cupcakes in the oven explode, going all over the inside.

"What did you do, Lizzie?" Hope exclaims, opening the oven to reveal the gooey mess.

"They needed more baking soda," Lizzie shrugs.

"Oh my god, Lizzie. This is why I didn't want to let you help," Hope laughs.

"Oops," Lizzie shrugs.

It takes an hour to clean the oven, even using magic. Once finished, they return to Hope's room where they cuddle on the bed, Lizzie snuggling into Hope's chest.

"Just so you know, you are banned from helping me bake in the future," Hope tells the blonde.

"Seems fair," Lizzie agrees, a smirk creeping across her face as she notices a bit of batter still present under Hope's chin.

Lizzie Saltzman cannot bake to save her life, but she's lucky she has a girlfriend who can. Hope Mikaelson knows her girlfriend cannot be trusted in the kitchen, but she sill loves her with her entire heart. The tribrid falls even more in love with the blonde when, on their next date, Lizzie takes her to a bakery and buys her all the cupcakes she could ever want.