Chapter 10: House Rules

*Justin's POV*

This woman!

This woman was going to drive me nuts. Hadn't I been extra sweet to her this morning? I had tried to make her feel comforted, tried to be patient and understanding. Hell, I'd even silently held her as she thrashed around trying to hurt me. Through the entire ordeal, not once did I raise my voice to her or harm her in any way. Yet, what did she do the first chance she got? She slammed her fists into my package – after I told her it would piss me off!

This damn woman just wasn't going to listen.

All of this really was to keep her safe, so why wouldn't she believe me? I tried to explain some of it to her, and for a while I thought she understood, at least to some degree. Sure I hadn't revealed the names and finer details, but she had to have understood this was for her protection.

Does she honestly want to die?

If she leaves and he finds her, he will stop at nothing to finish her off. I knew I couldn't let that happen. Although this started off as my way to atone for my part of her friends' deaths, I really had fallen in love with her in the process.

I rubbed my temple as I flopped onto the espresso brown faux-leather living room couch downstairs. I had been so frustrated I hadn't even remembered to grab a shirt before stomping down to the main level of the farmhouse. Fall always brought a chill in the air, especially during the early mornings. Goosebumps rose up along my arms and chest, though I didn't feel like moving from this spot to remedy such a small issue.

"What am I going to do now?" I wondered to myself. She thought I was a murderer and a psychopath. A kidnapper? Sure, I'll give her that one. Stalker? Eh...yeah, I have to give her that one too. But I'm not a murderer or a psychopath.

I sighed before pulling myself up off the couch. Clearly talking to her wasn't going to work. I'd have to show her that I cared about her, just like I would have if I'd been allowed to properly date her.

"I suppose I better get her breakfast," I mumbled as I trudged into the kitchen. I wanted to take care of her, to make her happy. But the last thing I wanted to do was to reward her with kindness after she attacked me. On the other hand, withholding food really shouldn't be a punishment.

I made her two slices of buttered toast and sliced up an apple. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and carried her plate back upstairs to her. I paused outside of the bedroom door, unsure if I should knock or just walk in. Technically, this is my house and my room. Then again, I'm trying to show her that I respect her and care for her...

"I know you're out there," I heard her call out.

Sighing I pushed the door open, pausing in the doorframe. Herlong legs were crossed, one dangling over the other. With her knees bent, I caughta glimpse of her black panties and knew I was in trouble if I didn't get my eyesfocused on the task at hand.

"What do you want?" she asked, keeping her eyes trained on the bookcase located between the bathroom and closet doors.

I silently walked to the foot of the bed, then raised the plate and water bottle. "I brought you breakfast."

"Don't want it," she replied. We stood in silence for a moment before her stomach rumbling interrupted.

"It sounds like you do."

She finally turned her gaze to me. I absolutely loved her grey eyes, but today all I saw reflected back at me was anger. "How do I know you didn't poison it? You've already drugged me just to get me here. How I do know it's not laced with something else?"