"let's talk love

"let's talk love. we all love love." says  y/n's boss at the staff meeting. the ten designers gathered around the long glass desk with their notebooks and pens in hand listening into their boss's words.

she continued with enthusiasm, "everyone has the unique taste in people. you that taste and put in your work for a famous fashion designer coming in a few weeks looking for the best designs for the valentine fashion show season. from cute to sexy to hot! i need it all! the best one could go independent and might work with many famous models and fashion companies."

"you might as well put me on the runway.." kaneki joked once more making the table (other than y/n and kira who gagged) laugh. 

the meeting was dismissed and the two women drinking coffee in kira's lime green modern office. the ginger haired girl was typing on laptop; searching on pinterest for ideas. as for y/n she found herself dissociating from reality.

love. the last time she had love it started dreamy and ended sourly with a baby in her belly. and her parents hadn't been the best example of a loving couple, so, yeah, she's never had the best experience in love. well, romantic love, family and friends were a different thing all together.

kira searching of hot men to simp for randomly asked, not taking her eyes off the screen. "do you think sebastian stan's single?"

"probably not." y/n replied in a little melody. she backtracked, "then again, that's not gonna stop you."

"proudly true." kira nodded, she thought for a second. "what about you? i saw you insta-stalking, or whatever these kids say, (insert someone you simp for)."

"my watch time says cocomelon and youtube kids, so you're wrong." y/n corrected with a smile, grabbing her ipad and stylus from her handbag. she drew a quick sketch of a body before placing the end of the stylus between her teeth; wondering what she was going to do next.

y/n whispered, "imma just do a simple red and white look with-"

"no way." kira put a full stop on her best friend's plans. there was a brief silence before kira proceed. "you are way too talented and creative just doing a simple red and white look. use that big brain of yours n/n!"

"my 'big brain' was so talented and it found a shitty boyfriend." y/n sarcastically said, she mumbled sourly. "i'm not looking for love."

kira didn't take time to answer. "what about gojo, you love him don't you?"

well, of course she did. as a good friend. she may act as if she hates him (at times she actually does). but y/n has never gazed at satoru in a romantic way, since her last attempt of love ending badly and the girl wanted to protect herself from experiences like that.
why do you think she can be rather stubborn at times?

"to an extent." she responded honestly, "but that's more a friendship type of love."  then again, friends usually don't sleep together like romantic couples do. now that she thinks about  it, what was her relationship with satoru?

kira randomly suggested, "maybe you could figure out your situation by working on your project with him?"

"sure, but first imma get some coffee and check up on akane." y/n took out her phone from
her back pocket as she walked down the rather empty hall to the small cafe at the bottom floor.

y/n waited at the counter as she dialled his phone number, bracing herself for some type of flirty response satoru got him tiktok or wild 'n out that he was going to use on nanami but he completely ignored him and wanted to use it on herself because it was too good.

"well hello gorgeous."

she stood somewhat corrected.

"sukuna what the hell are on the phone?" y/n waited  for her drink and walked over to the empty table.

the curse stated, "i wanna have se-"

"yeah. no. your dick probably the size and  quality of discount raisins at a supermarket." her pettiness took over temporarily, rather rude for the mother to say, then again what you expect a thousand year old place where sun don't shine to look like. y/n sighed still waiting at the counter "just put gojo on the phone."

"that dickwad is getting pizza down the road."

"that'll be 300¥, miss l/n."

checking through her purse, trying to find her money as akane's giggles echoed in the background, and planning ways to yell and/or murder satoru for leaving her baby with three other children.

"shoot... um-"

"i'll pay for it." said a familiar voice near her left ear, it was to her (not so much happy) surprise kaneki who skipped the line and paid for her drink. resisting her eye rolling urges, y/n thanked and smiled at the cashier before grabbing her things and quickly walked away.

"why and thanks?" y/n walked to her table with kaneki sitting across from her.

he explained, "well, the boss said i should be more friendly to my co-workers. besides, i've been meaning to apologise for being a horrible boyfriend and horrible dad. i seriously want to be in akane's life and yours, and i'll do anything to make sure you're happy."

well that was unexpected.