she never answered that question

she never answered that question. it looked like she was going to but didn't, after that they came to type of friends in a sitcom that deny they were friends but act like best friends.

it was only a few years later, a couple months before akane came to the world and they met up the same place. y/n was practically dying to tell him about him about something she seemed to be passionate about other than art and her fashion course.

"were you waiting long?" a soft voice asked as satoru felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck. he did flinch at the warm tips of her fingers against his cold neck, she was the only person that gotten close to him like that and he didn't mind it at all.

she was such a different person back then.

"no not at all." satoru smiled back. "so, what's so important that you needed me to hear about it?"

"well kira was working so i really needed to tell someone about this." y/n happily explained before quickly calming her nerves. "okay... i met someone today!"

"you met people everyday."

"no,no not like that!" she giggled. "some... dude?" her tone dropped down almost sound like his own.

satoru turned his whole body towards her and acted similar to an overprotective parent, but kept it low-key. "okay. who's this .. dude?"

"his name kaneki." she admitted bashfully. "he's the new kid and his really kind and..."

so yeah, the so called nice new kid was kaneki, it's haunting that moment knowing what he had done to her, right after that moment.

what made it worse was at the time (well, still now as well), satoru actually had a little crush on y/n. unlike the other girls he dated, she was the only female who liked him for who he was and not because he was attractive.

if he could change the past, he would have asked her out instead of being a coward and listen to her rant about how amazing that son of a bitch kaneki was.

but then again, we wouldn't have akane in the world.

present day satoru sighed before he turned off the tv and carried sleeping y/n in his arms to her room. not only did akane have her nose she also had her drool like y/n. cute but gross.

"sleep well y/n." he kneeled next to her bed and feeling the knight in shining armour or even price charming, he went down to kiss her forehead but someone's finger got there first.

"don't even try, einstein." said y/n with her eyes closed and trying to hide her smile. she opened her eyes and sat up properly. the girl giggled soon after "you're not going to get with me like that."

satoru grinned. "i find it cute that you dedicate time to think of nicknames about yours truly."

"god you're so annoying."
"but i'm cute though!"

"i guess you are." y/n admitted before loud knocking echoed from the front door to them upstairs.

"you akane, me door?" y/n suggested
"sounds like a plan."

"hey~!" dragged satoru in a fake shocking way as he walked in into akane's colourful room with little cheeky giggles welcoming him in. the baby was wide awake and blowing a mountain of raspberries and mouthing kisses on his cheek. satoru held her above his hip and raised his brow.

"and what are you doing up?" he asked in a fake disappointed tone. akane could only giggling and speak words of gibberish to save her caught case, lucky enough she was adorable in her onesie. so her crime of waking up at the wrong time was excused for now.

plus she's a baby.

y/n silently watched at the door before leaving, it was times like these that reminding y/n of her mom and dad. they rarely had the best relationship, but they tried to make it work when they were around their child. but she knew.

little y/n assumed that it'll be best to isolate herself so her parents couldn't live a 'fake reality'  per se. which explains why she never had a lot of friends, being used to being alone.

being alone seemed to help a lot of things, after arguments with people especially. there was always a little voice at the girl's head whispering that it was her fault; her cause that made this argument happen.

" this doesn't smell like milk, 'kane." satoru tickled akane's s/c cheek with his fingers, after finishing giving her a bottle of milk. the baby didn't feel a thing because she quickly fell back to sleep.

who knocks at two in the morning, regardless y/n, who told satoru to check up on akane, was the first one at the door. she looked in the little circle mirror next to the car keys; making sure she looked decent in her sleepwear and opened the door.