y/n tip toed quickly up the stairs to akane's room, she stopped at top of the stairs only to slowly turn around at the direction of whispering from her room

y/n tip toed quickly up the stairs to akane's room, she stopped at top of the stairs only to slowly turn around at the direction of whispering from her room. she walked over and leaned against the door frame and listened to the conversation between sleepy duo named satoru and akane.

at the bottom of the bed, satoru lay on his back, the top of his head facing the door and akane was sitting on her bottom, playing her mismatched socks in her chubby s/c hands.

"gogo..." despite talking to go-jo, akane kept her attention on her pink spotted sock.

satoru looked away from the mirror on the wall to the baby. " 'kane?"

she would have responded if the sudden urge to sneeze didn't conquer her. being little baby does give the excuse not to have the manners of cover your mouth, when a cough or sneeze come to play. plus her hands were small, so she had to rely on the next best thing to take her sneeze.

satoru.

well, she could have succeeded if it wasn't satoru's infinite power to activate. he sulked, "you should have some decency you know."

"she's only a baby." y/n lay next to akane who flopped onto her mother's stomach. she pulled the baby in her a cuddle. "she doesn't even know what decency means. well, at least she didn't vomit on you this time." she yawned.

satoru smiled softly as he sat and lifted akane into his arms. "i guess you're right, i'll take 'kane to bed, you get some sleep."

"no.. i'll do it." y/n stopped him and took akane away. "you've done a lot for the both of us." the mother averted her eyes to the bed then back him. "get some sleep."

satoru was rather taken by y/n, she made clear that he was sleeping on the couch (hence the description of this book). something has changed in y/n, like she switched positions with her old self just a little bit. he wasn't complaining, in fact he was happy, very happy.

y/n placed a now sleeping akane back into crib, she left a kiss on her nose, and tip toed back to her bedroom to satoru who already fast asleep facing the side y/n was going to sleep in.

keeping an eye on him, y/n got changed into something more lighter and comfortable clothes and slowly went into bed and turned off the lights. it was all quiet.  strange since y/n seemed to be the type of guy to snore in his sleep, regardless y/n (who didn't feel tried despite it being around midnight) just stared out the curtain covered window, hiding the moon shining through.

"hey shawty..?" a tired voice from satoru asked in the dark.

"don't call me that stupid." y/n yawned, still not facing him, she replied. "what do you want?"

he whispered, "who was at the door?"

"kira," she explained. "she was wondering how i and akane was, then she left to watch real housewives of atlanta."

he randomly exclaimed, "i love that show!"

"that.. that actually makes sense for you." the girl shuffled around, placing her cold-ish hands under the side of her head.

despite being known as being built (and dress) like jeffree star, looking like the blind mice from shrek, or looking like the scientist from back to the future, satoru was mostly recognised for his immense power, (unforgettable or forgettable depending on who you are) charm and his eyes.

even in the dark, his eyes were so mesmerising just to stare at. it made y/n (figuratively) sick since it immediately reminded her of that stupid scene in twilight, where bella see edward for the first time.

"having fun looking?" teased the sorcerer with his annoying iconic smirk. "wanna closer look."

"nope." y/n scoffed snuggling up in her covers.

"that wasn't a question."

before she knew it, y/n was pulled into satoru's warm arms. she tossed, turned and giggled her way out of his tight hold but eventually the mother gave in and rested her body on top of his chest. 

y/n sighed, knowing she wasn't going to get out. "lemme go you, you idiot."

"with that smile on your face, i don't think you want me to." satoru chuckled rubbing circles on y/n's back. this felt like something out a those high budget netflix romcoms with the most cheesiest of characters and cliches.

the typical millennial would watch that and think on how unrealistic love is portrayed in this happy go luck reality. but in the words of gen z (who's comedy relies on aave), would say: when this shit appears in real life, it hits different.

he begged, "don't go!"

"i'll stay,  you're practically forcing me to." y/n playfully remarked, cuddling into satoru's chest and pulled up the covers around them.

"plus..." she paused to hear his heart beating gently near her ear. "i feel nice and warm."

"sure." satoru yawned before whispering, "whatever makes you happy."