Chapter 9

Another week went by quickly with work; Jason had his morning practices and conditioning with the team and had a few pictorial stuff and promotional stuff here and there, but he did take Luke to his little peewee practice on Thursday, and Luke was...

Another week went by quickly with work; Jason had his morning practices and conditioning with the team and had a few pictorial stuff and promotional stuff here and there, but he did take Luke to his little peewee practice on Thursday, and Luke was excited to go. I heard later from the other wives that their husbands were surprised to find out I was dating Jason, but they were all happy for us; they also noted how happy Luke was.

Each night Jason would come over for dinner, and he would spend time with me after I put Luke down for bed; now it was Saturday, and we had his little preseason game the boys won tickets for since there was 3 we took my dad, last night when Jason came over and brought some jerseys for me, Luke and my dad to wear, I look at it and blush.

I look at the one he got for me, and I see his name and number on the back along with a matching charger's hat, and I blush. Still, he did get a size smaller than what I usually wore. He felt bad because he tried guessing my shirt size so it could be a surprise gifts for us. I was flattered to know he thought I was a size small; it wasn't tight. It hugged my body nice, but I tend to like clothes a bit looser or a size bigger. Still, It was ok; I wore it with skinny jeans since I noticed his eyes bulge every time I wore them; I tied my hair in a ponytail so I could wear the hat he also gave us. Plus, he did mention last week that he would want to see me wear his name and number at his games one day, so I wanted to see his smile when I did.

Once we arrived at the stadium, we got to the car, and Jason told us to check in with an usher at the entrance before we took our seats. We followed the usher towards the waiting room before the locker rooms, and he disappears for a second. Luke and my dad marvel at all the pictures and memorabilia on the walls for a few minutes, and soon after, we hear the double doors open.

Jason stood all dressed in his uniform and pads. He looked 3 times bigger than how we usually see him. He walked over, smiling at us, and put his helmet down by a nearby bench. As he sees Luke walking up to him, he gives him a fist bump, and I smile as he spreads his arms out, asking me for a hug; as he did, I hear him greet my dad over my head as I was in his arms.

I turn around and see my dad's star truck, and it was pretty funny to watch him talk to Jason.

"Hey, beautiful, I just wanted to see my favorite people before head out, have fun, ok I'll see you after the game" he gives me a wink and warns Luke that he's going to give me a kiss, and so that was Luke's queue to turn around.

We said our goodbyes and got to our seats; everyone we knew was already there and waved us down, they admired our chargers gear, and we enjoyed the game; watching Jason play in person was both exciting and nerve-wracking, especially when I watch him get tackled because I worried he would get hurt.

"Maria, I still can't believe you're seeing Jason Mayer. Does he make you happy, baby girl?" my dad says, leaning next to me in his seat during halftime.

"Trust me, at times, I don't believe it either, but dad, he's really good to Luke and me; I'm happy," I say, blushing at my dad, who's giving me a grin.

The players returned out from the tunnel and started the last half of the game. We watch on the screen Jason's profile flash as he got another down, and I see Luke go crazy, everyone around us smiling and cheering the same.

"How about this baby girl? Since Luke will be with us this tonight, how about we take the car so you and Jason can spend some time together? We will just see you tomorrow at the BBQ. Hmm," I laugh at his request. "How about we ask him when we see him after the game, dad" I blush.

He nodded, and the clock ran down, The chargers won the game, and the arena erupted. We waited a little bit and said goodbye to all the guys we knew; the same usher that brought us back earlier came to our section and asked us to follow him again.

We were brought back to the same waiting area, but this time there were a few reporters huddled by the double doors. We stood there for a couple of minutes and watched players leave and get interviewed. We saw Steven come out, and after he answered a few questions, he waved at us and came over.

"Hey, guys! Nice to meet you, sir. I'm Steven," he says to my dad as he shakes his hand and smiles at him, then turns to Luke standing beside him. "Luke, buddy, do you have my evaluation?" he says with a smile.

" I do, but it's not long because you did great today, uncle Steven," he says with a smile. "alright, lay it on me, little bud," He says, putting his bag down and crossing his arms, and I chuckle as he pulled out his little note pad.

"Well, uncle Steven that one pass you caught in the 2nd qtr. you almost dropped it because you didn't tuck it in right after you caught it," He says confidently. "Yup, sure didn't, it was a rookie mistake," Steven said "it won't happen again, little coach, what else?" humoring Luke with a warm smile.

I see my dad chuckle as they converse for another minute or so, I then look up to hear the door open again, and I see Jason in his suit with his duffle bag draped over his shoulder; he sees me and waves the reporters noticed as well, He walked over to them, and I watched him shake his head for a little bit and answered a few more questions before he leaves them and heads over to us.

A few follow him, and they watch him drop his bag and give me a hug and peck on the cheek. Everyone goes nuts, and he sees a few pictures be taken, so he covers most of my face with his shoulder.

"I'm sorry beautiful; those pictures will be out later. Is there anything I can do?" he says, whispering in my ear, "Nothing we can do now; I just hope you're ok with everyone knowing about being with me? "I say back in his ears.

"Beautiful, I am with you, I'm serious about that, I wish I could claim you as my woman right here right now if you let me" as he whispers that, my heart starts to race, I feel my smile on my face widen, and I look back into his eyes and say.

"I dare you," I whisper with a smirk and watch his eyes widen, and then he matches me with a grin.