Chapter 14

Maria and I were headed to the airport to pick up my parents, they were flying in tonight, and my brother Kevin comes in tomorrow morning, following My sister and Danny  in the afternoon

Maria and I were headed to the airport to pick up my parents, they were flying in tonight, and my brother Kevin comes in tomorrow morning, following My sister and Danny in the afternoon. The day before Christmas Eve, I was excited for Maria and Luke to meet everyone.

My mother and sister were always nagging me about it. Now I can have them meet finally; I always knew that the moment I met Maria she was going to be someone special and my heart didn't let me down, as each day passes I learn something new about her and I fall deeper in love, but I haven't been able to tell her that to her face just yet.

There was one day when she fell asleep in my arms. The words came out of my mouth through a soft happy sigh as I felt her breathing on my chest. My heart raced just at the thought that these were going to be how I ended my nights the woman I loved in my arms her warmth on our bed, I couldn't imagine my life any way else. As we got closer to the airport, I feel Maria reach over and hold my hand.

"I hope they like me," she says nervously. "Baby they are going to love you, I'm sure," I say and smile trying to comfort her. "how can you be sure of that" she questions and I hear the nervousness still in her tone. "because I know it trust me, baby, you will be fine, they will love you both!" reassuring her.

We see my parents outside the gate standing on the curbside, and we pull over; I watch Maria step out of the car and nervously walk over to my parents, they greeted her with smiles and a hug. "Oh honey, it is finally nice to meet you!" my mother squeals with a smile. "same here, Mrs. Mayer," she says nervously.

"Oh hon call me Momma M," I hear my momma say and she leans in for another tight hug and I watch as she chuckles in my mom's embrace. A few seconds later I see my dad give her a hug and smile as well before we all get into the car.

"Well lovebirds, what are the plans for today since Allie them don't come in till tomorrow?Also when can I meet that cutie pie son of your Maria he is a gem I love seeing your pictures when my son sends them," my mom chirps and I see Maria blush.

"Ahh, well, I work the night shift at the hospital tonight, so he spends time with his grandparents; he will be back home in the morning tomorrow. He is very excited to meet you all as well." She says with a smile looking back at her. "Ah shucks, you still have to work tonight? Thats its nice that you have at least Christmas off," my dad answers.

"Ah well, yes and no, I work Christmas. It's just my shift doesn't start till 9 pm," she says and my parents nod. "Yeah, guys, remember how crazy it gets during Christmas? A lot of nurses and hospital staff don't get much time off, even on the holidays," I answered for her.

"Well, we are thankful for as much Maria and Luke time we can get then," I hear my mom say cheerfully.

I turn over to see the relief wash out Maria's face. As my mom said that, I smile and reach over the center console to hold her hand as she looks back, smiling. A few days ago, we decided to host my parents at Maria's house, I was going to pay for their hotel gladly, but she was adamant about having them at the house.