Chapter 22

The week we spent in California was incredible

The week we spent in California was incredible. Most of the things we packed from Maria's home were on their way to us and my apartment. Allison was still on restricted movement, so when she went to work, I laughed at the stories of her co-workers gifting her a little wheelchair as a joke, and she thought it was hilarious how comfortable they were all with each other. It was so nice to be able to come home each day and see Luke in the living room playing a video game while my beautiful glowing woman lays on the couch napping. There will be times when I would come home and notice Luke would be already asleep in his room, but Maria would be in one of my big oversized shirts and shorts, fast asleep in our bed.

Thankfully most of the promotional stuff I needed to do for preseason things were all.
Local, so even though I would come home late, at least I was able to go home and not a hotel. It did give me comfort knowing that Allie and Danny were close too, just in case Maria or Luke needed anything that they could help them or me out. It was also funny how Danny and I were trying to navigate two pregnant women in our lives, and so we would hang out at times and exchange intel on what to do and not do with our very emotionally unstable ladies. Allie's headed into her 7th month, and Maria's into her 5th, so they also leaned on each other during this time, especially since Maria experienced most of this before. Of course, the twin's thing is new, and no one knew it was except for Danny and Allie. We wanted to surprise everyone at the dinner we were all having together this weekend. We just recently found out what we are having only Maria and I know the genders.

Luke started at his new school, and he shushed pretty quickly, which was good. I worried about him as well, but on his first day, he told me how many people he already made friends with, and his bubbly personality is probably why he was so well-liked he really was a great kid. I was so happy to have them here, my heartfelt compete, and I loved it.

A few days ago, we found a home in the city, and we were scheduled to move in for another week, and we were excited. But even though we were together, I wanted one more thing, and it was for Maria and I to be married, I wanted to propose but we been so busy with work and trying to settle into here that it went over my head. By the time I realized it'd been already almost a month since we been settling in, I decided to take a shot after Maria mentioned something walking past a Jewelry store. We walked a bit after having some lunch, and Luke wanted to stop by a toy store. Once we were done shopping, there was a jewelry store around the corner that we walked by, and I see Maria stop to admire a certain ring on display. It has a center blue sapphire with little diamonds around it, and from the side, I watch her eyes light up at it. I smirk as I tried to fish out how she felt, but she immediately dismissed it, and we kept on walking. The next day I went back by myself and bought that ring and have been carrying it with me waiting for the right time.

It was Saturday night, and we were at the Islanders game watching both Danny and Kevin since they were playing each other. After the game, since we were all together in the city, my parents wanted to do dinner with the whole family, and that was the perfect time to let them know; this morning.